Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_wlm (Read 175699 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_wlm

Reply #50
anyone has the same problem i do? when album names are too long, it doesn't display anything at all.

foo_wlm

Reply #51
anyone has the same problem i do? when album names are too long, it doesn't display anything at all.

How long is long? I know there's a limit on the length of your media, but I'm unsure of the limit...it's reasonable enough d'oh.
:)

foo_wlm

Reply #52

How long is long? I know there's a limit on the length of your media, but I'm unsure of the limit...it's reasonable enough d'oh.

long like this
PROJECT SOUL the PRIMARY SOUND BOX -SOUL EDGE~SOUL CALIBUR I & II-

is your plugin detecting the maximum amount of characters that it can display in msn? because i used the other most used plugin (foo_msnalt or something) and it cuts the album name.
i guess i just answered myself...when the album is too long to fit in msn now playing message...it doesn't display it.

foo_wlm

Reply #53

long like this
PROJECT SOUL the PRIMARY SOUND BOX -SOUL EDGE~SOUL CALIBUR I & II-

is your plugin detecting the maximum amount of characters that it can display in msn? because i used the other most used plugin (foo_msnalt or something) and it cuts the album name.
i guess i just answered myself...when the album is too long to fit in msn now playing message...it doesn't display it.

No, unfortunately I didn't try and limit the number of characters.
I'll try and find out what the maximum length is...though my first hunch would be 256 .

It's not the highest on my priority list d'oh...hardly do we have any songs that are past the limit - besides, the now playing feature on MSN was only designed to have title and artist.

foo_wlm

Reply #54
works great! I'm just wondering what the character limit is, some of my songs has long names and it refuses to display unless I shorten it.

foo_wlm

Reply #55
n/m working now, thanks!

foo_wlm

Reply #56
Hi,
Thanks for this nice plugin.
I have a small suggestion: the preferences page should be located in the "Tools" category, that's where other "now playing" related plugins such as AMIP or Audioscrobller put their prefs.

It would also be nice if the plugin could report information about streams, i.e. not the item's name but the playing track.

foo_wlm

Reply #58
Link will work in 24 hours or so, I was switching servers .

foo_wlm

Reply #59
Updated to 1.0.7 (I don't know where 1.0.6 went :x).

Fixes a bug where a crash may occur in very rare cases, reported by Peter. Thanks!

foo_wlm

Reply #60
Link to 1.0.7 not working. Help?

foo_wlm

Reply #64
This is very odd then... I've never had any problems downloading any components from the developers here.

I respectfully ask for a mirror of the file, please!

foo_wlm

Reply #65
This is very odd then... I've never had any problems downloading any components from the developers here.

I respectfully ask for a mirror of the file, please!

I can't edit this last post or I would, sorry. I had a friend download it for me. Still very strange O__O

foo_wlm

Reply #66
No, unfortunately I didn't try and limit the number of characters.
I'll try and find out what the maximum length is...though my first hunch would be 256 .

It's not the highest on my priority list d'oh...hardly do we have any songs that are past the limit - besides, the now playing feature on MSN was only designed to have title and artist.

The limit seems to be rather a lot less than 256. It won't even display 200, although the limit does seem to be more or less in that area.

foo_wlm

Reply #67
Love it. Better than the other plugins I've tried. I like that I can customize what's shown.

foo_wlm

Reply #68
Great plugin, thanks for your hard work. If I may, can I suggest a feature for the next version?

As much as I like my music, some of it is too embarassing to have others see! 

I therefore wanted to use a code which gave me, say, 5 seconds to decide whether it displays or not. I tried this:

Code: [Select]
$ifgreater(%playback_time_seconds%,5,XXX,YYYY)

XXX being the information, let's assume %title% - %artist%, YYY eventually being nothing at all.

It seems that in Foobar, the aforementioned code can only be used in the status bar and main-window title. I'm guessing  this is because they focus only on the currently playing track, or constantly re-evaluate the code? Could a similar feature be included in the next version of your plugin, so that code like the aforementioned can work as intended?

Thanks a lot, I hope this is possible!

foo_wlm

Reply #69
Okay updated to 1.0.8 with Jackson's request .

foo_wlm

Reply #70
Thanks.  This just replaced foo_msnalt_stream.dll.

foo_wlm

Reply #71
Superb, it's working perfectly!

Thanks a lot for your efforts, n0obie4life.

foo_wlm

Reply #72
This code
Code: [Select]
$if(%ispaused%,,%title% '-' %artist%)

doesn't really work. The song title disappears on pause as it should, but does not re-appear when playback is resumed. I had to leave a space between the two commas, but that still sends a space character to WLM's display.

Using Win 7, WLM 9, Foobar2000 0.9.6.8, foo_wlm 1.0.8.

foo_wlm

Reply #73
Updated to 1.0.9.
Fixes above bug.

Thanks for reporting!

foo_wlm

Reply #74
Gosh you're fast, thank you very much!