Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: USB/FIREWIRE support added to foo_cdda.dll (Read 18581 times) previous topic - next topic

USB/FIREWIRE support added to foo_cdda.dll

I had a problem using foobar2000 with firewire or USB attached devices, foobar2000 did not recognize the devices. I couldn't find any solutions on the internet so I patched the foo_cdda.dll myself.

For anyone else that has the same problem, here is a copy of my patched version of foo_cdda.dll with firewire/usb support added.

Two files are attached:

foo_cdda.zip which contains the patched foo_cdda.dll, just unzip in the components dir.

scsipt.zip which contains the patched akrip source file, scsipt.c. This can be unziped in the foo_cdda/akrip directory in the SDK package.

[attachment=1366:attachment] - Non debug version ;-)
[attachment=1365:attachment]

Reply #1
Nice, thanks you

Reply #2
Is there another link to the downloaded file? I downloaded successfully but it gave me an error message when I opened it indicating the file was corrupted. 

Reply #3
Is there another link to the downloaded file? I downloaded successfully but it gave me an error message when I opened it indicating the file was corrupted. 
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ditto! I'm looking for exactly this fix (see my thread from [a href="http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=31948&st=0&p=278275&#entry278275]last night[/url]). But I can't get the file to download.

PEace,

Mike

Reply #4
The upload forum is seemingly broken, when used with Firefox. With IE I could DL anothe uploaded file which was corrupt with FFX, and all I got was an "index.php". Well, I renamed it to index.zip, and voila', it could be unzipped. Give it a try
Life is Real...
(But not in audio :) )

Reply #5
I checked the download to make sure the zip is not corrupt. Works fine for me.

But just is case, here is a rar.

Reply #6

[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Just for the record: I had trouble opening the file with Windows XP's built in zip support - always got a corrupted file message. Once I tried it with [a href="http://www.7-zip.org/]7-zip[/url] (which is freeware), everything was fine and dandy.

Now I only need to find out whether it helps ...

Mike

Reply #7

[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Just for the record: I had trouble opening the file with Windows XP's built in zip support - always got a corrupted file message. Once I tried it with [a href="http://www.7-zip.org/]7-zip[/url] (which is freeware), everything was fine and dandy.

Now I only need to find out whether it helps ...

Mike
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=278473"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

YES!!

It works perfectly. My USB player is now recognized.

Where do I send the flowers?

Mike Gray