Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: new speakers, please help (Read 4083 times) previous topic - next topic

new speakers, please help

hi,
since I stopped smoking since three years, I decided to offer me a good pair of speakers.

controlled directivity is required
my budget is 1500/2000 € ( 1800/2500$)

i have selected this 3 speaker, what do you think?

Gedlee Nathann
http://www.gedlee.com/Nathan.htm

JBL studio 590
http://www.jbl.com/estore/jbl/us/products/...ularProductOnly

RCF Mytho
http://www.rcf.it/en_US/products/recording...erence-monitors
Music is my first love.

Reply #2
If you are going to spend that kind of cash, I suggest you find an audio/video store and go listen!  ...It's not just your budget...  I advise anyone who's picky about sound to audition speakers, no matter what their budget.  But the higher your budget, the more money you'd be "risking" on speakers you've not heard.    You might even find something you  prefer at a lower price! 

Every speaker sounds different, and different people have different preferences.  In general, the specs don't tell you much because different manufacturer's make the measurements differently (and sometimes they "fudge" the results). 

Actually acoustics make a big difference too, so listening in the store won't tell you everything.  But, it will give you more information that you'll get from reading specs, reviews, and opinions.  (And, many "high-end" stores will allow you to audition the speakers in your own home.)

P.S.
Those JBLs do look attractive!!!!!

Reply #3
Do you have access to a wood shop?
-----
J. D. (jj) Johnston

Reply #4
If you are going to spend that kind of cash, I suggest you find an audio/video store and go listen!  ...It's not just your budget...  I advise anyone who's picky about sound to audition speakers, no matter what their budget.  But the higher your budget, the more money you'd be "risking" on speakers you've not heard.    You might even find something you  prefer at a lower price! 

Every speaker sounds different, and different people have different preferences.  In general, the specs don't tell you much because different manufacturer's make the measurements differently (and sometimes they "fudge" the results). 

Actually acoustics make a big difference too, so listening in the store won't tell you everything.  But, it will give you more information that you'll get from reading specs, reviews, and opinions.  (And, many "high-end" stores will allow you to audition the speakers in your own home.)

P.S.
Those JBLs do look attractive!!!!!

best is listen to 3 speakers at the same time in my home!
but it it impossible!

also i think all 3 speakers are good speakers, i have serious mesurements for Geedlee and RCF, no mesurement at all for JBL

someone as mesurement for jbl studio 590?

Woodinville
Do you have access to a wood shop?

yes, so i can make Gedlee nathan.
Music is my first love.