Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: is it safe? (Read 4506 times) previous topic - next topic

is it safe?

I've been looking for answers to "why can't I use MPC" these days.

One proposal I've read about its main issue (imcompatibility) was something like:

Convert MPC into MP3 when you need to play your tunes in portable players.

Any chance of this procedure being really safe?

In this case what would be a reasonable preset for MPC?

Or there would be to many flaws wich could be easily detected by those hardware players?

is it safe?

Reply #1
Originally posted by pho3b3
Any chance of this procedure being really safe? 

You'll always have a loss of audio quality. Whether it will be audible is another matter.

In this case what would be a reasonable preset for MPC?

I think something like -tmn 32 -nmt 16 or so? Better let an MPC user handle this

Or there would be to many flaws wich could be easily detected by those hardware players?

I guess you mean 'on those hardware players' ?

I don't think so. MPC seems to be quite usable for transcoding to MP3.

--
GCP

is it safe?

Reply #2
"those hardware players'" = players I can't afford at the present  such as mp3 car players, 

is it safe?

Reply #4
I'd already read your thread and my final conclusion was:

Oh God, how can't some MP3 fans' minds recognize something is about to change!

They state something like "what's wrong with mp3 if you CAN'T  hear SO MANY flaws with it right now?" when a more appropriate  question would be: "WILL you not be able to detect lots more of them in a not so far   future?"