Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Creative Audigy2 is cheating (Read 2814 times) previous topic - next topic

Creative Audigy2 is cheating

hi,

I think creative audigy2 is cheating at samplingrates <=48kHz (at the standard settings), too force users to think that 44.1/48kHz is not to be adequate for music.

I was playing around with upsampling and noticed that the upsampled 96kHz Version of a 44.1kHz sample sounds quite different to the original.

After I changed some settings in the Creative Audigy2 Setuptools they sound the same.

I switch again to the "standard" Creative settings (just klicking - restore standard) and it sounds different again.

.halverhahn

Reply #1
CMSS is enabled by default --> the reason things sound different when you click "Restore Defaults".

Reply #2
CMSS is enabled by default --> the reason things sound different when you click "Restore Defaults".

that's the point... joe user don't touch the settings and think 96kHz has to be much brighter, better etc.
.halverhahn