Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 cannot read tags in all WAV files (JRMC can) (Read 3032 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 cannot read tags in all WAV files (JRMC can)

Dear Support,

I encounter a strange problem that tags of some files can be read by foobar but some can't.  All tags in the wave files are created by a tag editor "Tag & Rename 3.6" and all of them can be read by JRiver Media Center.  I have no clue on the problem, is that something wrong with my way of editing the file? Or I can upload the problem file to Support Team to see what goes wrong.

Thanks for your kind help in advance.

Regards,
John

Reply #1
Yes, uploading a non-working file would be helpful in diagnosing the problem. Or, if you can reproduce the steps necessary to tag such a file, given any particular untagged file, would also be useful.

Reply #2
If uploading copyrighted material, please follow #9 of the terms of service by limiting your file to a sample with a maximal duration of 30 seconds.

Reply #3
Thanks for the reply.  The steps are simple, use EAC ver 1.0 beta 1 to rip "Candle in the Wind" of Elton John, then use Tag & Rename ver 3.6 to add fields and cover art to the wave files, Foobar 1.1.3 can't read the information embedded in the wave file.  But use EAC to rip "Stages" of Elaine Paige, then use Tag & Rename to add fields and cover art, Foobar can read it.

Reply #4
Hi Support,

Sorry for the late reply.  I have tried to trim the wave file to 30 seconds music (with Audacity) but after I export the wave file and add the tag, Foobar can read the tag on the new wave file.  As I cannot upload the original file to you, I can't find a way to show you my problem for investigation.  Please advice.

Regards,
John

Reply #5
You could try compressing the large WAV file with WinRAR and uploading the RAR file to the forum, or if it's still too large, to Mediafire or Dropbox and PM a link to Peter.

Reply #6
then use Tag & Rename ver 3.6 to add fields and cover art to the wave files

How big the coverart is? (in bytes)

Reply #7
22.6KB

Reply #8
Then you can upload first ~100 kbytes and last 100 kbytes of this file. I think this should be enough.