Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Open Source Firmware For iRiver players (Read 163044 times) previous topic - next topic

Open Source Firmware For iRiver players

Reply #175
I can't wait for a first beta of H300 bootloader. Got myself a 5-month used H320 several days ago, which came pretty cheap — less than $250, hehe.
Infrasonic Quartet + Sennheiser HD650 + Microlab Solo 2 mk3. 

Reply #176
Then there appears to be glitches every 90secs - however, I need to check this with different sources before I say that's a problem. 

EDIT: the glitches / drop-outs were caused by the source (doh!), so Rockbox is looking good for that now.

So there is no more 'glitch' ?

That sounds way too interesting ...
The name was Plex The Ripper, not Jack The Ripper

Reply #177

Then there appears to be glitches every 90secs - however, I need to check this with different sources before I say that's a problem. 

EDIT: the glitches / drop-outs were caused by the source (doh!), so Rockbox is looking good for that now.

So there is no more 'glitch' ?

That sounds way too interesting ...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=342598"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yep, seems to have been fixed.  Still some freezing issues, but they know about it.  They've still to add the peak meters, so a bit to do.

Reply #178
I can't wait for a first beta of H300 bootloader. Got myself a 5-month used H320 several days ago, which came pretty cheap — less than $250, hehe. rolleyes.gif

Just saw this! Very, very cool.

Reply #179
Just like to add that as of today's daiily build the remote is now fully functional in CVS.  It's been a long time since I had full functionality of the remote without having to boot into the iRiver firmware (which is just a pain to use now) so I'm really happy about it.  It's like being reunited with a long lost friend
Nero AAC 1.5.1.0: -q0.45

Reply #180
BTW, is it safe to use H300 bootloader now or should I wait for some kind of a stable release?
Infrasonic Quartet + Sennheiser HD650 + Microlab Solo 2 mk3. 

Reply #181
It's pretty much safe from what many H300 users at Misticriver have said and it plays music now.
Nero AAC 1.5.1.0: -q0.45

Reply #183
Glitchless recording with working peakmeters has been available for a few days now on the H1xx.

See this post for some more useful info.  vinylivo's post is also useful and some of the posts after this have some other handy info about recording.