Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Encoding at "low" priority. (Read 3349 times) previous topic - next topic

Encoding at "low" priority.

Sorry for the blatent cross post, but I figured you guys would probably know more about this stuff. Basicly, I would like to use EAC to encode files, but each time the encoder runs I would like it to run as "low" priority. Check out the thread below if you wanna know all the stuff I have tried so far. I'm out of ideas here. Thanks.

http://arstechnica.infopop.net/OpenTopic/p...16&m=4240935885

Reply #1
so set it to low priority.

Reply #3
Lol. Arstechnica are arstechnica indeed. 

Open EAC (doh), go to Menu 'EAC' > 'EAC Options' > 'Extraction' Tab.
Set 'Extraction and compression priority' to 'Idle'.

Reply #4
Sorry for the blatent cross post, but I figured you guys would probably know more about this stuff. Basicly, I would like to use EAC to encode files, but each time the encoder runs I would like it to run as "low" priority. Check out the thread below if you wanna know all the stuff I have tried so far. I'm out of ideas here. Thanks.

http://arstechnica.infopop.net/OpenTopic/p...16&m=4240935885

Forgive me if this is something you've already tried (didn't see it explicitly mentioned here or in the other thread).

EAC menu bar...
EAC --> EAC Options --> Extraction tab --> Extraction and Compression Priority -> Idle

Unless I'm mistaken, this would only use CPU cycles if your machine is not doing other processing.  As for setting it somewhere between "Idle" and "Normal", that I don't know how to do right off hand.

Edit: Damn!  Too slow I am, and by six minutes no less!

Reply #5
I knew I should have just posted over here first. All this messing with batch files and there was an option in EAC the whole time.