Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Help Needed FofR Configuration v0.6 (Read 3357 times) previous topic - next topic

Help Needed FofR Configuration v0.6

Hi,

I've been struggling terribly trying to get this to work.  After weeks of trying I am finally about 90% done.  However that last 10% is really the killer :-D
First, my biggest problems is that in Playlist view, I cannot get the covers to display - at all.  Every other mode show them perfectly, they are stored as folder.jpg
Secondly, the play count doesn't seem to function.  I have foo_playcount installed and it is working - it writes PLAY_COUNTER

Here are two pictures that explain my problem

No playcount:

No artwork in playlist:

Oh and one last issues I forgot about;  when I use the stars for "Rate Album" it only tags the playing file with "ALBUM_RATING", and not the whole album, which seems useless, no?

Thanks a lot, I know everyone must be sick of people posting config problems but I have really exhausted all my options :-(

Tony

More info;

It seems I can get the images to display if I use "sort by title" or "random" to view my playlist.  That doesn't help me much though :-(

Reply #1
1-The problem of albumart display may be due to new version of panelUI and "group sort by".
the config you're using was made by FofR before panelUI was upgraded.
Have you tried to use FofR's Sort Panel ? clicking on "switch to Album/Single view" and sorting by album ? etc...

2-Be sure to use %play_count% with the official foo_playcount and %play_counter% with mod foo_playcount.
You said that your playcount writes %play_counter% and i think fofr is using official one, so you need to change %play_count% to %play_counter% in all codes (song details panel, playlist panels (albums and singles view) and in the main config)

3-For the problem of album rating you need:
-or select all track of the album before clic on a star (clic on album header)
-or add a new $button after fofr's album rating code with this at the end
EDIT/SELECTION/EXPAND/BY ALBUM,TOOLTIP:""
and clic twice for rate an album (it works for me). (I can't post you the entire $button code because i've changed positions)

Hope this can be (half?) helpful.

Reply #2
kabuki, thanks a lot!  Only one bug to go

It seems everything is ok when I use 'Single Playlist Mode', but when using 'Grouped Playlist Mode' I get no artwork.  Maybe a spacing error?  I don't know.  Any ideas?

Reply #3
Fixed, had to right click on playlist -> 'Sort / Group By' -> Album....

I aRe Dumd :-(

And of course, I have one last question.  Is there some way I can have the artwork all the same size?  I have some singles and would like to see that artwork, even just by padding some space beneath the tracks?

Reply #4
And of course, I have one last question.  Is there some way I can have the artwork all the same size?

With FofR config, artwork is displayed in "Item" part of the SCPL.
As far I can remember, size of album art is 150 px, by default.
Look at the main config code and find this :
Code: [Select]
// **************************************************************************
// *** PLAYLIST (SCPL) ***
// **************************************************************************
// Display Artwork on LEFT or RIGHT (0 = left, 1 = right)
$setpvar(artside,0)
// Maximum Album Art on SCPL
$setpvar(scplalbumartmax,150)

change the "scplalbumartmax" value to whatever you want.
With 150, all albums with minimum 9 tracks will have same Artwork size, and this size will decrease for album less than 9 tracks.
So decrease this value to the minimum you want, to be sure to have all artwork to the same size, but, at 20px, yah, it's no more a artwork, but a mini mini stamp! 
For the moment, I see no extra easy way to achieve what you want (with FofR's Black Reflection). Unless you decide to make some mod'code to display artwork in group header.

Reply #5
Hmm, that's a shame.  Putting the artwork in the header is a very good idea, but is far beyond my skills (as you can clearly see) ;-)

I'll make do just now.