Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar2k 0.62a (Read 3068 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar2k 0.62a

This problem has happened with the recent releases of 0.62 and 0.62a, when I could not download the WinNT version of the zip file for FB. I had been able to download previous version successfully. It happens when I try to download using Mozilla 1.4b and Mozilla Firebird, yet not in IE6 SP1.
I noticed that someone else had trouble downloading 0.61a, and Dibrom attributed it to the antihotlinking policy of HA, which I believe is another term for link prefetching. The Mozilla browsers I use DO use prefetching, but only if the website explicitly consents to prefetching, as stated in this Moz.org document on prefetching: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/netlib/Lin...tching_FAQ.html . Therefore I don't know why this happens, but can anyone explain? BTW, my download manager (Stardownloader) can download it successfully.

Foobar2k 0.62a

Reply #1
This has nothing to do with prefetching.

The current system is setup to where the download will not start if the HTTP_REFERER variable does not contain '*hydrogenaudio.org'.

The problem with the "save as" functionality in certain browsers is that they do not generate this variable.  The download works fine if you left click on the link though, which brings us to the question of why you need to use the "save as" functionality.  The mime types should be setup properly to where the download should start fine with just a left click.

Edit:  This probably should have been posted to the previous thread instead of starting a new one.  Maybe an fb2k mod wants to take care of this (merging the threads)?

Edit2:  Sometime today I will make an page describing the problem in detail so that people will get some feedback as to what is going on when the download doesn't start for whatever reason.

Foobar2k 0.62a

Reply #2
Oh. ok. I understand a little better now.
But anyway, I have already procured a copy of the latest version of Foobar. Thanks, Dibrom.

Foobar2k 0.62a

Reply #3
i can't download it :/ neither with opera 7.11 nor with IE (getright doesn't work either)