Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: DarkOne (Read 211169 times) previous topic - next topic

DarkOne

Reply #75
I suggested the %directoryname% as ALTERNATIVE solution, not as additional.
Both will not work together.

Type in on __COLUMN_ONE_TEXT__:
[$upper(%artist%) $char(9679) ]%title%

Then you'll always have the artist

DarkOne

Reply #76
I've found a bug or something like it:
If i try to open a single mp3 from windows explorer (by double clicking on it), foobar starts but buttons don't render:

DarkOne

Reply #77
That bug is already known.
It is caused by the Panel Stack Splitter and relative paths.
In v1.4 this should be solved by using extended variables (foo_exvar) for the paths (at least i haven't got this problem anymore since using extended variables).
But unfortunately the rating stars are only visible during playback then...
The user will have to change the path in the Rating Panel manually to a full path in this case (will be mentioned in the user guide).

There is another bug in the Panel Stack Splitter:
If you open foobar2000 with a blank playlist, there will be no images rendered too!
I haven't found a solution for this, sorry...

DarkOne

Reply #78
Another suggestion (maybe it's already exits and i didn't notice):
An option to add song to queue via interface, right now i do it via context menu and would like to do it via playlist.
Maybe you can add little button on the track row (if it's possible) or maybe another solution...

DarkOne

Reply #79
No sorry, the context menu is really suitable enough for this purpose

If i would add all possibilities that foobar2000 offers as a button i wouldn't have enough place for the playlists...
I already followed a middle course by adding the playback order buttons that indicates the actual running playback order (if chosen with the buttons).
No more buttons!

DarkOne

Reply #80
I updated the skin to v1.4.
See changelog and details in the first post .

DarkOne

Reply #81
Lovely. Thanx.

DarkOne

Reply #84
Thanks  to all

DarkOne

Reply #85
UPDATE to v1.4.1: 2009-02-27
I wasn't satisfied with the current Playback Order buttons, so i changed them to avoid flickering.
I also dropped the Playback Orders "Repeat (playlist)", "Random" and "Shuffle (folders)" from the buttons functionality 'cause they're rare in use.
Added buttons for "Selected item" (ELPlaylist only) and "Now Playing" instead

I hope you'll like it still 

DarkOne

Reply #86
Is there a simple way to update? cause every time I import all my tweaks are gone and i have to remember what i need to change.

In regular playlist, where is the font is set that is responsible for note sign? (ELplaylist is fixed and i want to do the same with standard playlist)

DarkOne

Reply #87
No sorry, no easy way to update and hold all your tweaks.
You will do it again 

In the regular playlist you can change the font in "Preferences (or the PREF-Button) --> Columns UI --> Colours and fonts --> Fonts --> NG Playlist --> Items"

DarkOne

Reply #88
Hi Tedgo,

I have a weird problem. In the playlist of Foobar where you see: Play, No. Artist, Title, Album etc. One of my albums is named: The Best of M-People (UK). Howerver the name of my album is The Best of M-People. I don't know where the UK comes from. Maybe some kind of TAG. I know it can be changed in Foobar so the real name of the albums in shown. I did it someway in 1.3. But I can't remember where and how I changed it that Foobar only show The name of the album without the UK.
Can you help me out ?

Best,

Nighthawk

DarkOne

Reply #89
The NG Playlists "group header" isn't stored in the FCL, so it has nothing to do with my configuration .
But if it would it would only display %album artist% $char(8226) %album%
Because it would only read the tags.

Maybe you've changed your grouping scheme in NG Playlist to %directoryname% or something similar.
Go to Preferences --> Columns UI --> Playlist view --> Grouping and change the "Script" to your needs.

DarkOne

Reply #90
I updated the download last night.
Since some unexperienced users seems to have problems setting up the "Extended Variables" i made them optional (foo_exvar is absolutely necessary as before because i coded the default paths to the images and buttons with one of its standard variables!).
Now users only have to set the variables for their artist pictures if wanted, all other will work "out-of-the-box", but can be changed if one will customize the default behaviour of the rating panels or wants to use custom images for "No Cover", "Radio" and "Audio CD" playback.

For all users that have downloaded DarkOne before last night and already made it working there's no need to download the configuration again.

However, besides it i changed two wrong images i used for the Playback Order button.
(It hasn't decreased functionality, but was not perfect for me ).

Sorry for the troubles

DarkOne

Reply #91
Hi Tedgo,

Thanks for your reply but I did not change the grouping scheme. And in the tag files there is no mentioning of UK in the Album name.
Is there a possible different place where Foobar gets the information about the name of the album ?

Best,

Nighthawk

The NG Playlists "group header" isn't stored in the FCL, so it has nothing to do with my configuration .
But if it would it would only display %album artist% $char(8226) %album%
Because it would only read the tags.

Maybe you've changed your grouping scheme in NG Playlist to %directoryname% or something similar.
Go to Preferences --> Columns UI --> Playlist view --> Grouping and change the "Script" to your needs.

DarkOne

Reply #92
How is the name of the folder the album is stored in?
Has it the addition (UK)?
foobar2000 doesn't get an album name other than from the album tag.
But as i said before i think you have grouped your album with %directoryname% in NG Playlist and that causes to display the folder name.

DarkOne

Reply #94
Oh, that's strange.
I hope T.P Wang will host it again soon.
I don't know if it is allowed to upload its foo_uie_tabs, but you can write me a PM with your e-mail-adress and I'll send you the plugin.

DarkOne

Reply #95
Works  Thanks for sending it

DarkOne

Reply #96
Btw. i fixed the links to foo_uie_tabs 0.2.7 and WSH Panel 0.7.2 (without SSE2), they should work again
Thanks to T.P Wang

DarkOne

Reply #97
UPDATE TO v1.4.2
(I hope it is the last update for the next time )

Only some small changes.
Changelog and download link in the first post.

DarkOne

Reply #98
UPDATE TO v1.4.2
(I hope it is the last update for the next time )

Only some small changes.
Changelog and download link in the first post.

Well no more updates for me! can't setup all my tweaks again! 
I'll wait for a major release 

DarkOne

Reply #99
If you've already setup your artist pictures, you can wait
It wasn't a "major" update last night