Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Play subsequent folders (Read 1311 times) previous topic - next topic

Play subsequent folders

Is there a way to make foobar to play subsequent folders? Now, when I choose a file to play from a folder, it stops at the end of it. I prefer desktop version's bahavior - playing through whole folder tree. Can't find any setting to toggle.

Re: Play subsequent folders

Reply #1
I have a related question- how many files can be in each folder, meaning, is their a limit on the number of tracks foobar will play from a single folder.

Reply #2
I'm looking for this same thing.  I want to have my music organized by folder as that's how I will normally play it.  But I don't want to have to manually go to the next folder each time one is finished.  Just hit play on the current folder and let it continue to play through each folder one after the other.  I've found maybe one other media player that looks like it might work.  But I would prefer to use foobar if I can.

Reply #3
My music is also arranged by folder and foobar plays all the subfolders in whatever folder I ask it to play.   My organization is artist with subfolders for each album.  I've also placed all the artists in master folders by genre- rock, bluegrass, motown, reggae etc.  Pretty easy to have it play for hours by just loading a genre.  It's also trivial to create playlists adding a folder  (with all subfolders) at a time.  Overall I have nearly 2500 directories (folders) with 23,920 files- just over 1 tB of mostly high-res.  Foobar has never even blinked at everything I've thrown at it.  Haven't tried the entire collection, but it loads various genre folders in under a minute and never hiccups however I ask to have it played.  Hands down the best computer based player I've found.  Much of my music is untagged as it's been captured from vinyl so the folder/file organization is critical to being able to find things.  Hope this helps.