Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: MP3 Tools - better LameGain replacement (Read 3163 times) previous topic - next topic

MP3 Tools - better LameGain replacement

For anyone using Wack, LameGain or other EAC -> WaveGain -> LAME -> Tagger automation applet, here is a snazzier, super-easy to use alternative:

MP3 Tools Improvements (vs. LameGain):

* Doesn't need to be run in WAV/CUE mode anymore (saves time, less clunky). Just press the MP3 button!
* Easy to use Windows installer
* Stylish graphical configuration panel
* Pretty progress bar instead of an ugly DOS box
* Written in managed C# instead of shell scripts (requires the .NET framework)
* Multi-disc album support

This is just version 1.1...  please email me if you find bugs, or respond with requests in this thread.

Reply #1
Any way of getting this to work with Foobar?

I've been reading about all the different tools for new rips; EAC > WaveGain > LAME w/scalefactor.  I've already ripped with EAC to single flac images + cue files and want to convert to mp3 with Foobar, but making sure to do the appropriate WaveGain/scale step beforehand.  Any suggestions?

BTW, I read the seven page thread on WaveGain vs. MP3Gain.

Thanks.

Reply #2
1. Enable Replaygain mode in Playback config.
2. Enable "Use Replaygain" in the Diskwriter config.
3. Convert to MP3.

-Martin.

Reply #3
Jebus, where are your tools? Seems like http://www.autobotcity.net/ isn't working right now. Also, how's your Lame GUI front-end project coming along?

--Steve