Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar skips like heck under heavy disk usage (Read 4921 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar skips like heck under heavy disk usage

Just now I copied an album to my FTP for backup from a network mapped on my machine.  The network drive is over switched 100TX.  My internet connection is over the same switch, except much, much slower (500kb/s vs. ~ 7MB/s for my LAN).  When I do this foobar just dies.  I get maybe a split second of audio every few seconds.  Winamp doesn't skip at all.  I often get the same effect running multiple bit torrents at once.

Perhaps its because I set Winamp to buffer to RAM songs less then 30MB in size?  Does foobar do something like this?

Reply #1
Newest version? Check if its just happening with certain DSPs.

Reply #2
what output method are you using and what is the buffer on the device?

Reply #3
i haved the same problem
version:0.586
output direct sound
default buffer

Reply #4
yes i have the same problem with the standard buffer setting. it helped me when i set the buffer a bit higher

Reply #5
Buffer was at 2000ms and I was using Direct Sound.

I have an Athlon XP2200, 768MB of RAM and I'm using the sound on my nForce. 

I'm going to try Kernel mode and see if that helps.

Reply #6
Similar here.
when copying from CD to HD the music becomes slower  with hick-ups.
Using DirectSound on Win2K.
--
Ge Someone
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.