Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Can anyone identify this piece of music? (Read 3661 times) previous topic - next topic

Can anyone identify this piece of music?

This piece of music sounds familar, but what is it called?  Can anyone enlighten me?

It is often used as background music for things and sounds like (though I'm guessing here and could be wrong) it's from an infamous western film.

I have attached two clips of the song - merged onto one file, and provided links to the original audio I've heard them from.

The first three seconds are from the PABLO - THE DRUG MULE DOG government anti-cocaine campaign, and features for three seconds between 0:07 - 0:10 (seconds).    Drug Mule Advert

The other excerpt comes from a recent BBC Two programme called "E Numbers: an Edible Adventure" which features whilst the narrator explains about the presenters hunt for flamingoes.  It starts at 20:53 (twenty minutes 53 secs in).  It lasts for a bit longer than three seconds and includes some whistling, although the narrator narrates over the top of the tune (ignore that!)  BBC2 E-Numbers Programme

The tune is catching and I'm so curious to find out where it's from, if anyone can shed any light I would be truly grateful.

Thanks in advance!
:-)

Reply #1
Sounds a bit like Ennio Morricone - A Fistful Of Dollars? Or maybe one of his other pieces he wrote for a western?
daefeatures.co.uk

Reply #2
I have Ennio Morricone's Movie Masterpieces album (2004), and can confirm evereux's assertion.

It is the Main Title music from Sergio Leone's "A Fistful of Dollars" (1964) starring Clint Eastwood, part of the Man With No Name trilogy.

If you'd like to purchase this and other of Morricone's work, here's a few Amazon links:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00004YTX...EJRAY3QQ7P3DCCW

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00004YTX...EJRAY3QQ7P3DCCW

Reply #3
Spot on, thank you very much.  You can only imagine how frustrating it is trying to figure it out, especially with such snippets so limited.

Thank you and thank you! :-)

Hope you have a good day.

Reply #4
Actually lol on second thoughts not convinced :-/ Sorry.

Whip cracks missing?  and the whistling tune is different.  Sounds very similar though, due credit and thank you, but now I'm not so sure!

Couldn't find any excerpts or anything about evereux's assertion either :-/