Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Which is the best player in your opinion? (Read 9964 times) previous topic - next topic

Which is the best player in your opinion?

Reply #25
Haha. Great post, DAvenger.  . I was just going to post something similar after reading some posts in this thread.

@rjamorim : You think ? I dont.

Now as this thread has been moved to 'Offtopic', some questions to you Roberto :

1. Dont you think that kekso's comments ( he is a member of Radlight team ) about 'bugs in opensource software from France' is a severe insult to the complete TCMP team ( including the matroska team, as you and many other people do know the main devs are from France also ) ?
If no, then we have a different sense of humour.
If yes, why is it a 'great post' from DAvenger to simply state different, without giving any explanation or excuse for the misbehaviour of his team member kekso ?

2. If everybody is happy with the performance of WMP for video, and those who want to have more features are prepared to pay for either Zoomplayer Pro or Radlight Pro, do you suggest we should stop development on TCMP ?
Neither WMP, nor Zoomplayer nor Radlight will play wavpack from your friend David Bryant, and it was me who was talking to DeXT about making this plugin when you were pointing me to the fact that there is more than FLAC for lossless, in fact the complete CCAS plugin idea was undertaken from the TCMP team to please you audio guys here, and instead of helping us a little bit by telling people that TCMP is a pretty good all-in-one solution ( we dont claim its better than Zoomplayer for video or Foobar2k for audio ) we get a kick in the ass all the time when we try to hint people to this fact  here, even when replying to somebody saying WMP is the best all-in-one solution, counting what it cant do and what the FREE version of TCMP can ?
Take a minute of your time and compare the difference in features between Radlight and Radlight Pro ( no tthe current alpha, the old version ), Zoomplayer and Zoomplayer Pro, and TCMP and TCMP Premium, and then tell us honestly if we should stop developing TCMP.

3. Yes, i am posting on webforums. Yes, at least 60 - 70% of all my posts can be seen as promotion of our 'products' , if you want to see them as such. My goal ppy with the performance of WMP for video, and those who want to have more features are prepared to pay for either Zoomplayer Pro or Radlight Pro, do you suggest we should stop development on TCMP ?
Neither WMP, nor Zoomplayer nor Radlight will play wavpack from your friend David Bryant, and it was me who was talking to DeXT about making this plugin when you were pointing me to the fact that there is more than FLAC for lossless, in fact the complete CCAS plugin idea was undertaken from the TCMP team to please you audio guys here, and instead of helping us a little bit by telling people that TCMP is a pretty good all-in-one solution ( we dont claim its better than Zoomplayer for video or Foobar2k for audio ) we get a kick in the ass all the time when we try to hint people to this fact  here, even when replying to somebody saying WMP is the best all-in-one solution, counting what it cant do and what the FREE version of TCMP can ?
Take a minute of your time and compare the difference in features between Radlight and Radlight Pro ( no tthe current alpha, the old version ), Zoomplayer and Zoomplayer Pro, and TCMP and TCMP Premium, and then tell us honestly if we should stop developing TCMP.

3. Yes, i am posting on webforums. Yes, at least 60 - 70% of all my posts can be seen as promotion of our 'products' , if you want to see them as such. My goal is to grow the Corecodec community, and this goal has clearly been achieved recently. But, unless Radlight people, EVERYBODY in the Corecodec Team has a normal daylight job, and is NOT trying to make a living from that, maybe with the exception of Blacksun ( who is currently assembling PCs in Toulouse to make his living during the day, and coding TCMP during the night ).
Yes, there are SOME people on certain webboards who consider my posts as being completely annoying and 'UNBEARABLE'. ALL those people have diffeis to grow the Corecodec community, and this goal has clearly been achieved recently. But, unless Radlight people, EVERYBODY in the Corecodec Team has a normal daylight job, and is NOT trying to make a living from that, maybe with the exception of Blacksun ( who is currently assembling PCs in Toulouse to make his living during the day, and coding TCMP during the night ).
Yes, there are SOME people on certain webboards who consider my posts as being completely annoying and 'UNBEARABLE'. ALL those people have different agenda's than seeing Corecodec and its projects growing, mainly directed to matroska and TCMP. Name me ONE forum member on any of those webboards who is actually stating '... no, i cant take ChristianHJW and his shit posts anymore, its just too annoying ...' and ask him to link to a post where he thinks i clearly crossed the border of politeness with my post.
Conclusion : Yes, my posts are following a goal. No, i dont plan to ever live from what i am doing. I am a worldwide acting sales engineer, selling machinery, and i sit a lot in hotel rooms with internet access, thats it. Please stop trying to make my posts ridiculous or look bad. I wont accept that.

@DAvenger :

Please, try not to fool people by creating a false feeling of RadLight vs. CoreCodec tension. We are in the same business and we both earn money by selling 'Pro' versions of our players

Some facts :

1. We are NOT hanging around in your IRC channels and forums, talking to users via PM, trying to persuade them to use our player. There is a reaosn why you was banned from our IRC channels, believe me. So yes, there is some tension between the projects, but it was not started by us, not at all.

2. Nobody in the Corecodec team is trying to make a living from TCMP or any other Corecodec project, we all have norrent agenda's than seeing Corecodec and its projects growing, mainly directed to matroska and TCMP. Name me ONE forum member on any of those webboards who is actually stating '... no, i cant take ChristianHJW and his shit posts anymore, its just too annoying ...' and ask him to link to a post where he thinks i clearly crossed the border of politeness with my post.
Conclusion : Yes, my posts are following a goal. No, i dont plan to ever live from what i am doing. I am a worldwide acting sales engineer, selling machinery, and i sit a lot in hotel rooms with internet access, thats it. Please stop trying to make my posts ridiculous or look bad. I wont accept that.

@DAvenger :

Please, try not to fool people by creating a false feeling of RadLight vs. CoreCodec tension. We are in the same business and we both earn money by selling 'Pro' versions of our players

Some facts :

1. We are NOT hanging around in your IRC channels and forums, talking to users via PM, trying to persuade them to use our player. There is a reaosn why you was banned from our IRC channels, believe me. So yes, there is some tension between the projects, but it was not started by us, not at all.

2. Nobody in the Corecodec team is trying to make a living from TCMP or any other Corecodec project, we all have normal daytime jobs. Every PENNY we get from donations to TCMP is reinvested into the opensource Corecodec community, hosting etc.

3. I have to feed a family with 2 kids and pay the rents for my house, i could never ever get the money i need from selling a software player.

4. I have not seen ANYTHING from you guys that would serve the community somehow, like a CoreAAC, CoreVorbis or CoreFLAC ( its ready now ).

SO PLEASE DONT YOU DARE COMPARING YOU GUYS WITH US EVER AGAIN !!!! ... or i flame you to death, i swear .....

Reply #26
SO PLEASE DONT YOU DARE COMPARING YOU GUYS WITH US EVER AGAIN !!!! ... or i flame you to death, i swear .....

LOL. I was going to post a long and elaborate reply, but after seeing the last paragraph, I started to think "why bother?"

Your are hopeless, Christian. It's sad to see you degenerated so far into blind obsession about Matroska and CoreCodec.

Good luck on your crusade. I'm off.

Farewell;

Roberto.

Reply #27
Your are hopeless, Christian. It's sad to see you degenerated so far into blind obsession about Matroska and CoreCodec.  Good luck on your crusade. I'm off. Farewell; Roberto.

LOL .... degenerated  !

Farewell Roberto .....

One last word about my 'crusade' : I am grown up enough to know 2 things :

1. You cant establish a new, open standard by making the clown in an IRC channel for a limited number of geeks, telling them funny stories about your wife and your 2 GF's .

2. Different to you, i am living in a country where software patents may be acknowledged one day, so i maybe have a different motivation to help establishing free alternative standards than you have, and my point of view about suporting patented standards from big license conglomerations may be a lot different than yours.

3. We cared a lot about getting perfect AAC support in all our projects recently, mainly because of the very friendly reactions from the Ahead people with respect to our project. But that doesnt mean we have completely forgot about MPC, believe me ... we just have a different focus for the time being, but thats only a matter of setting the necessary priorities to get where we want to get, and in shortest possible time ....

Think about that, if you care .....

Reply #28
1. You cant establish a new, open standard by making the clown in an IRC channel for a limited number of geeks, telling them funny stories about your wife and your 2 GF's .

LOL. Sorry, but I had to reply to this.

So, you are saying I have a wife? And two girlfriends???

Oh, man, Natalie will surely get mad when she notices the truth is out. :B

3. We cared a lot about getting perfect AAC support in all our projects recently, mainly because of the very friendly reactions from the Ahead people with respect to our project. But that doesnt mean we have completely forgot about MPC, believe me ... we just have a different focus for the time being, but thats only a matter of setting the necessary priorities to get where we want to get, and in shortest possible time ....

Man, I see you didn't get it at all. <sigh>

I _really_ have the utmost respect for the CoreCodec team. Actually I recently had a very profitable e-mail talk with one of yours, about the CoreAAC directshow filter and whatnot.

Can't you notice that it's you and your spamming behaviour that I can't stand? I have no probblem at all with the CoreCodec team, really.

And, as for MPC support: Go for it. It's an excellent format for mid/high bitrates, and very appropiate for video purposes since it requires few CPU for playback. IMO it's an excellent choice, really.

Regards;

Me.

Reply #29
could you guys stop that ? I'm doing TCMP and CoreCodec as a hobby and investing myself in helping people. This doesn't deserve a flamewar between TCMP and Radlight. I don't like kekso for sure with his low comment, a guy that think only about being better than the other guys.

But I like a lot Radscorpion, Hackbart and Davenger. You guys should have seen the propaganda video from the Radlight team with the white board saying 'acquire TCMP'  Well, it was fun even if we can saw some personnal attacks like 'Bones HJW', it was surely meant to be fun but I didn't find it fun myself.

I'm going back to my code now, after reading such nice comments: http://www.corecoded.com/modules.php?op=mo...viewtopic&t=342

regards from France

Reply #30
Thank god i never write long posts      .....

Happiness - The agreeable sensation of contemplating the misery of others.

Reply #31
So, you are saying I have a wife? And two girlfriends???  Oh, man, Natalie will surely get mad when she notices the truth is out. :B

... Roberto, you should know i was not talking about you. While you are certainly a big helper for MPEG4 audio, you are certainly not the one to establish this as a standard ... insiders know who i was talking about.

Man, I see you didn't get it at all. <sigh>
I _really_ have the utmost respect for the CoreCodec team. Actually I recently had a very profitable e-mail talk with one of yours, about the CoreAAC directshow filter and whatnot.

Good. You wonna help the Corecodec community ? TCMP Premium and the few donations we get are the only possible source of revenues for it.
How wise is it to confirm the main Radlight advertiser by calling his reply, which was completely missing the point of the post before BTW, a 'Great reply', however anoyed you may have been about my post before ( man, just ignore me if you cant stand me, its not difficult), thus putting the whole Corecodec venture on the same level than a profit orientated company trying to sell a player to earn money, and only that ?

Can't you notice that it's you and your spamming behaviour that I can't stand? I have no probblem at all with the CoreCodec team, really.

Make your own board, and ban me from there if you dont like the way i am doing things. I am talking to one of the owners of this board here every now and then, to find out if i am about to cross a border i shouldnt cross. Until today, i havent received any warnings from him, so i will continue doing what i am doing, until this is happening.

But please Roberto, stop trying to make my posts look bad or whatever, or i can consider doing the same with some of yours also. If you dont like what i am saying, put me on 'ignore' one of yours, about the CoreAAC directshow filter and whatnot.[/quote]

Good. You wonna help the Corecodec community ? TCMP Premium and the few donations we get are the only possible source of revenues for it.
How wise is it to confirm the main Radlight advertiser by calling his reply, which was completely missing the point of the post before BTW, a 'Great reply', however anoyed you may have been about my post before ( man, just ignore me if you cant stand me, its not difficult), thus putting the whole Corecodec venture on the same level than a profit orientated company trying to sell a player to earn money, and only that ?

Make your own board, and ban me from there if you dont like the way i am doing things. I am talking to one of the owners of this board here every now and then, to find out if i am about to cross a border i shouldnt cross. Until today, i havent received any warnings from him, so i will continue doing what i am doing, until this is happening.

But please Roberto, stop trying to make my posts look bad or whatever, or i can consider doing the same with some of yours also. If you dont like what i am saying, put me on 'ignore' , Invision board should be able to do that.

And, as for MPC support: Go for it. It's an excellent format for mid/high bitrates, and very appropiate for video purposes since it requires few CPU for playback. IMO it's an excellent choice, really.

Rest assured, we will ....