Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: SHOUTcast plugin (Read 18521 times) previous topic - next topic

SHOUTcast plugin

Are there any plugins that will allow be to do something similar to the Shoutcast plugin in winamp?

SHOUTcast plugin

Reply #1
foo_http is included with foobar, which reads streams. Haven't you tried shoutcast with foobar yet?

SHOUTcast plugin

Reply #2
I really have no idea since I haven't used neither the shoutcast plugin for winamp nor the oddcast plugin for foobar yet. But while waiting for qualified answers on this issue you could have a look at oddcast/icecast. Also searching on the forums could be a good idea since i think this have been discussed several times before.

EDIT:
BTW: If it's only streamreading you are looking for (?) all you need is foo_read_http.dll, which, as neoufo51 notes, are included in all foobar installs.
"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts

SHOUTcast plugin

Reply #3
But while waiting for qualified answers on this issue you could have a look at oddcast/icecast.

I've been using these for some time now. I'm no expert but I put a small help page here

SHOUTcast plugin

Reply #4
I usually listen to SHOUTcast stations with foobar, it works perfectly. One thing that annoys me though, is that no database entries is added for the title and artist, which SHOUTcast supports. This also means that i get no info in the titlebar with the Title Bar Display plugin (foo_tbar.dll). Back when I used Winamp, I was using this plugin I made myself.

SHOUTcast plugin

Reply #5
I usually listen to SHOUTcast stations with foobar, it works perfectly. One thing that annoys me though, is that no database entries is added for the title and artist, which SHOUTcast supports. This also means that i get no info in the titlebar with the Title Bar Display plugin (foo_tbar.dll). Back when I used Winamp, I was using this plugin I made myself.

I guess you better make a thread requesting this feature so Peter will take it under consideration. 

SHOUTcast plugin

Reply #6
But while waiting for qualified answers on this issue you could have a look at oddcast/icecast.

I've been using these for some time now. I'm no expert but I put a small help page here

Thanks, man. I got inspired and set up a radio and are streaming out now. Wasn't hard at all, thanks to your simple little guide.    Using DynDNS for IP btw, since I got dynamic IP. 
Seems to be working. But what quality are best for streaming out OGG? I'm doing Q 4.00 now (averages around 128) but a friend listening on my stream said it was breaking up once in a while. Maybe I should go lower? Most people have ADSL or better connection these days though... (My friend have ADSL. He should have something like 1 megabit in. Maybe its my upload. I have ADSL as well). Should I go down to 2.50 - 3.00, just to be on the safe side? I don't want to compromise quality to much either, but I'm transcoding from MPC's and MP3's, and it's streaming radio, not supposed to be at archiving quality anyways. But too low quality and the whole point flies out the window, or what...?
I'm on XP sp1, and are streaming out from fb2k 0.8.1 with latest oddcast plug and Icecast2 server (and kode54's shuffle plug are the DJ. I'm not even home).

SHOUTcast plugin

Reply #7

@ rectangle
Thanks a lot! With your help I was able to setup all in a breeze and now all is working fine (now, I need to fix the little problem of dynamic IP with some utilities like IPUpdate).
A typo on your help page:

"Make sure that Icecast2 is an enabled DSP in your player."
instead of
"Make sure that Oddcast v2 is an enabled DSP in your player."

SHOUTcast plugin

Reply #8
A typo on your help page:

"Make sure that Icecast2 is an enabled DSP in your player."
instead of
"Make sure that Oddcast v2 is an enabled DSP in your player."

Oops, thanks.  Fixed

SHOUTcast plugin

Reply #9
(now, I need to fix the little problem of dynamic IP with some utilities like IPUpdate).

I've been totally happy with DynDNS.org's services for as long as I've been using them. There are several client-programs  to choose from on all OS'es. On Windows I'm currently using DynDNS Updater by Kana Solution. I'm doubting this simple task (updating IP in relation to your DynDNS domain) makes much difference in client-programs.

EDIT: While being drunk originally posting it might have been difficult to understand intended meaning. Edit been aimed at keeping meaning but clarifying it in order for others to understand it too.... (Maybe, 'cause I'm not claiming to be sober now either....)