Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Version 1.2.22: Unable to download/sync from Asset UPnP instance (Read 1568 times) previous topic - next topic

Version 1.2.22: Unable to download/sync from Asset UPnP instance

Hello,

foobar2000's recent 1.2.22 update has broken UPnP download from my Asset UPnP instance. I tap download after long-pressing an album cover and the screen does not advance to the FLAC/PCM selection and download screen. Streaming is unaffected.

Is this a bug or do I have to do something with my Asset instance in order for this functionality to be restored? I only ask this as the release notes mention a reconfiguration of TuneFusion which is another Illustrate product built for downloading audio from servers

I hope that Illustrate aren't attempting to steer Asset customers into TuneFusion purchases in order to sync their Asset files to their devices.

Naturally I'd appreciate any tips for fixing this or recommendations for alternative server software from the community.

Re: Version 1.2.22: Unable to download/sync from Asset UPnP instance

Reply #1
Hi,
I can reproduce that bug. Streaming works.
Version: foobar2000 mobile 1.2.22
UPnP Server: minimserver 0.8.5.2

Reply #2
It seems that the bug was introduced in version 1.2.22. I tested beta 1.2.21(4) and the download function is working in that version. beta 1.2.20 and beta 1.2.19 are also working fine. You could use one of the beta versions until a fixed version is released. Peter did publish the links for the beta program in this forum a few days ago.

Reply #3
Problem acknowledged, thanks for reporting.
A fix will be made available as soon as possible.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #4
Looks like 1.2.23 has gone thru the review and is available for everyone.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #5
Thanks Peter,
I just encountered this as well. 

thank you again, love this!

Reply #6
Hello all,

The problem is indeed fixed in version 1.2.23.

I was perhaps a little too quick to blame my server software.

Many thanks for the swift resolution.

Reply #7
I am still having problems with UPnP on version 1.2.23.

I am running a Jellyfin server (version 10.7.6) and as of version 1.2.22 I was unable to click on my server at all (though it was listed). The problem persists in 1.2.23 however now I am able to open the server with it saying "Empty folder". I do not know if being able to open the server but see nothing in it is a result of a foobar2000 update or a jellyfin update all I remember for certain is it hasn't worked in a couple versions of foobar2000

I have no problems seeing the contents of my jellyfin server over UPnP with the VLC ios app.