Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [suggestion] Pause playing on windows lock (Read 3288 times) previous topic - next topic

[suggestion] Pause playing on windows lock

Hi,

It would be nice to have configurable parameter for pausing the player when user locks Windows. Currently when user wants to leave the computer, he has to pause the player manually and then lock the system. The similar feature is to pause playing when screensaver turns on.

--
johnbonton

Reply #3
Hi,

I just installed 1.0.1 beta 2 and for some reason my system seems to be randomly pausing on lock.

I'd like to STOP foobar from pausing on lock. Adding the "foo lock" component, whether checking or unchecking this option in the playback menu, it is still random.

is this a known bug?

-saviormoney

Reply #4
Works here. Are you sure you don't have some other pause on lock component installed, such as the UI Hacks component that I won't link to?

Reply #5
Adding the "foo lock" component, whether checking or unchecking this option in the playback menu, it is still random.

Same here. Perhaps you have foo_wave_seekbar installed? After removing it from my components, foo_lock works as expected.

Edit: Changing foo_wave_seekbar's frontend from Direct3D to GDI seems to fix it too.

Reply #6
Same here. Perhaps you have foo_wave_seekbar installed? After removing it from my components, foo_lock works as expected.

Edit: Changing foo_wave_seekbar's frontend from Direct3D to GDI seems to fix it too.

I do have foo wave seekbar installed! And mine was set to the default Direct3D; I have now switched to GDI and we'll see how it goes.

while pausing on lock is a nice feature to be able to toggle, quite often I leave the player playing while I sleep, so I really don't want foo lock, I was just hoping it would fix my problem.

Reply #7
You people are annoying, having issues I haven't got the OS to reproduce. 
There is a known issue with the seekbar that it has a tendency to go rather crazy when backgrounded in different ways, like locking, playing some older fullscreen games, etc.

Thus far it seems to happen mostly on XP, are you unlucky people on that inferior OS too? It helps to know what kind of repro machine to build.
Stay sane, exile.

Reply #8
Thus far it seems to happen mostly on XP, are you unlucky people on that inferior OS too?

Yeah i'm on xp, and proud of it.