Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: A HA.org Sample Database? (Read 25683 times) previous topic - next topic

A HA.org Sample Database?

Reply #50
I think a sort of license stating that it's educational only or for pur research would cover most normal suit. Of course there will always be the possibility that an asshole would not be happy with it.

Reply #51
I think a sort of license stating that it's educational only or for pur research would cover most normal suit. Of course there will always be the possibility that an asshole would not be happy with it.

Especially if the database is growing too fast... too big. Gigs of samples "for educational purpose" don't look really serious. Or at least, it's suspicious.

Reply #52
After there are no other ideas/attempts regarding a samples page in the HA wiki, I've extended my first attempt a little bit. It features a
  • registration system
  • downloading and submitting of samples for registrated members
  • editing of own samples
  • a basic samples search function
The page uses the following fields in the database: Filename, URL, Reported By, Reported On, Metadata, Technical info, Description and MD5. It would be very nice, if some of the developers (especially Frank who came up with the idea) can give some feedback to the ideas discussed here.

Please have a look at the Listening Test Samples Page.

Best regards,
~ Florian

[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']--
Edited link to point to new musepack.net samples database
[/span]

Reply #53
After there are no other ideas/attempts regarding a samples page in the HA wiki, I've extended my first attempt a little bit. It features a

• registration system
  • downloading and submitting of samples for registrated members
  • editing of own samples
  • a basic samples search function

Nice.

One suggestion: Try to structure the info more. Use a table for tabular data like this.

Reply #54
Boys i don't see the problem.
If u fear legal actions keep only the samples list on the site.
Collect all the samples and release a .rar with a progressive version number on emule/edonkey network.
It will be shared in no time    and it force everybody to have all samples, making the test work esasier.

Reply #55
I created a small MPC sample database page which I was planning on maintaining myself but Ganymed seems to have set-up a very nice page making mine obsolete, just as long as people bother uploading & it doesn't suddenly disappear I think it will be very useful.