Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playlist paste: bug or feature? (Read 734 times) previous topic - next topic

Playlist paste: bug or feature?

When copying from one playlist to another in Foobar2000, paste always inserts above the selected item. There is no way to paste to the end of a list because of this.
Normally when I'm pasting into a playing playlist, I've just found a few more songs that I want to add to the end. Not really before the last song in the list.
Processed audio in java and python.

Re: Playlist paste: bug or feature?

Reply #1
In the default playlist, you can make some empty space to the right of the last column, click there to clear the selection, then right-click to paste. Pressing Ctrl-V does not work.

Reply #2
I don't know if it is bug or feature but the trick is:

1. To paste above - select song where you want to paste new tracks and right click at the top of rectangle (just slightly above title text) and after paste it will be pasted above.

2. To paste below- select song where you want to paste new tracks and right click at the bottom of rectangle (just slightly below title text) and after paste it will be pasted below.
Somewhere, there's someone dying in a foreign land
Meanwhile, the world is crying stupidity of man
Tell me why, tell me why

Reply #3
Using those suggestions: Right-click on song paste inserts below, ctrl-v inserts above.
If it's a feature, I wish it was the other way around. I have ctrl-v set to one of my mouse buttons. There so much more work involved in making a macro that would open the menu and pick the paste option... and that would only ever work on foobar. Ctrl-v works on most everything.

Reply #4
Ctrl-shift-v pastes to the end of the current playlist.

Reply #5
Thanks for the information. I will use that well. (I still wish it was swapped.)