Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How do you use VorbisComment to remove tags? (Read 6966 times) previous topic - next topic

How do you use VorbisComment to remove tags?

I don't see anything in the documentation.  I tried -t "MYTAG=", but that just leaves the tag without changing it.

Reply #1
I don't use vorbiscomment.exe any more. It has no documentation and the syntax doesn't quite seem to conform to what is listed when you type the -h command.

I think you are right that it used to have some sort of remove command, but that command no longer appears when you type -h. Logically it would seem to be '-r' but I don't know.

I now use tag.exe or mp3tag instead.

Reply #2
I now use tag.exe or mp3tag instead.

I need a command-line tool to integrate into a script.  Thanks for the tip about tag.exe!  I didn't know (or had forgotten) that it handles Ogg.

Reply #3
I don't see anything in the documentation.  I tried -t "MYTAG=", but that just leaves the tag without changing it.

On my linux box, I run this command:

vorbiscomment -w -c /dev/null 01_music_with_bad_comments.ogg

For Windows machines, I supposed substituting "/dev/null" with any empty filename would work.