Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [TOS #5] From: Converting FLAC to MP3? (Read 936 times) previous topic - next topic

[TOS #5] From: Converting FLAC to MP3?

php111, I think you can keep going here, I am sure a moderator will cut the discussion and move it where it belongs.

If you are really interested in converting FLAC to AAC I still would suggest you foobar2000 configured with one of the options available:

qtaacenc (it uses Apple's AAC "engine", QuickTime must be installed)

qaac (it uses Apple's AAC "engine", it's based on qtaacenc but has many more options. it can run as "portable", no need to install anything from Apple. No HE v2 available)

Nero (Apple has been proven to be better at lower bitrates, I don't see why anyone should still use this)

fhgaacenc (CLI that uses Fraunhofer's official AAC encoder, same quality level of Apple's. It ca run as portable as well and HE v2 available if you need it)

fdk aac (1 and 2) (open source Fraunhofer's SDK AAC library for Android. You will have to ABX this one, I personally don't think it's at the same level of the official encoder. HE v2 available)

qaac is what I use. Remember you can go much lower than MP3 with AAC. I suggest you to start ABXing from ~128 kbps up. I like it even at ~96 kbps.