Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_run (Read 607878 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #350
@aereogramme: maybe try $replace(%artist%,&,&) or $replace(%artist%,&,%26).

HTH.

Alessandro

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #351
If the batch file is for example "mplay.bat"

Use this command MPLAY "argument"
Then in the batch file refer to this as '%1'
e.g. echo %1

Batch File Article
Here's a batch file I created and use all the time, it passes a file to the batch to be uploaded to an ftp of my choice before copying the URL to my clipboard. It uses batch file arguments and I have successfully integrated it into foobar to allow one-key mp3 uploads. Putting this in the SendTo folder also makes uploading of any file painless.

Thanks a lot i managed to get it to work using this in a batch file:

@echo off

foobar2000.exe /command:"Stop"
E:\Apps\MPlayer\mpui.exe -compact -autoquit %1
endlocal
exit

One question though, how can i have the cmd window close on executing mplayer?

At the moment i have the mplayer window open as well as a cmd window.

I know this was posted a long time ago but was there ever an answer to this as I am also trying to get a cmd window to exit once it has complete, though I am not using a batch file.

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #352
should we guess what's in your run service?
type "cmd/?" on command prompt, maybe it will help you

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #353
How can I set it to open one file in the folder that the currently selected file is in? For example, if I have a text file in each folder which doesn't have the same name (or a name from titleformatting), can I have it run notepad for *.txt in the folder?
Thanks.

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #355
try

Code: [Select]
explorer "C:\Users\USER\Matt's Programs\foobar9.5"

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #357
You need to mask the apostrophe ' with a second apostrophe like ''

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #359
Foobar v1.0.3
Using Columns UI
Working on a mod of MonoLite Plus which uses Panel Stack Splitter and WSH Panel Mod

Trying to add a button in addition to those already there.  Button shows up, no errors, but does not do anything
$imagebutton($sub(%_width%,150),6,20,18,$get(skin_path)\menu.png,$get(skin_path)\menu.png,[color="#FF0000"]COMMAND:Run Service/Google Artist[/color])

I've tried many different versions after the COMMAND: prompt after reading though this thread.  Nothing seems to work.

Help is appreciated.  Thank you!

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #360
try CONTEXT, not COMMAND.

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #362
Hey Florian,

I like this component a lot, as do many.
I was just wondering if there's any chance of having the option to add it to the main menu?
The reason I ask for this as I have linked buttons to run services, but the button doesn't work unless I've selected a song, obviously because it runs off the context menu. I want these buttons to always work, whether a song is selected or not.
Is there any other way of solving this?
If not, can you add it to the main menu as I know these are always active, song selected or not.

Cheers

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #363
Is it possible to perform two or more operations with one foo_run click?  When I click my AlbumArtExchange run service, I want it to not only perform the AAE search query but to also open the folder containing the files (so I can quickly drag and drop the images).

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #364
I don't think so. But you can let it run a script that runs your two other applications.

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #365
Great plugin, thanks a lot Florian. 

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #366
Using foo_run to open MP3Tag on 64 bit windows

I have followed some of the other posts on this topic, but i think there are some missing " marks, because it didn't work for me.

Put this in as the path if MP3tag is just installed in the default 32 bit programs folder (i.e. programs (x86). Make sure you include all the " and ' marks. Finally, set the simultaneous runs slider to unlimited. This enables you to send multiple tracks at once to MP3Tag

"C:\Program Files '('x86')'\Mp3tag\Mp3tag.exe" "%_path%"

I hope that helps.

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #367
should we guess what's in your run service?
type "cmd/?" on command prompt, maybe it will help you

Thanks for pointing this out, realised I had to change cmd /k to cmd /c.

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #368
I try to open VLC which works okay.
But I don't understand how I can open a specific playlist.

In Windows I can run from command line:
"C:\Programme\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe open "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\User\Desktop\..... .m3u"

And the playlist is played.

I looked through most of the pages in this thread, there are some things I want to do but cannot find documentation.  Questions:
1.  Documentation - It would be nice to have info such as purpose, installation, process of using batch files
How do you use this thing?  Do you run cmd.exe from Windows or run, then call the foobar.exe app, then call a program(player) with command line switches to the file you want to open?
or
Is this run as a windows service?
Some people (on page 9 of this thread, I think) were mentioning a config_console dialog box?
2.  Install problems - I threw the .dll into the fb2k configuration directory and nothing happened.
3.  I was hoping to run a cd from vlc lan... answering the above questions will probably solve this one.
If you want, there exist what are called front-ends one I used for free years ago was called NEStea instead of using batch script or cmd files, it appears some use batch scripting?

Thanks to the plugin author for the plugin and also thanks fb2k community for answering our questions...

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #369
rico001, this plugin has nothing to do with windows services.
You enter the path of the batch file under foobar Preferences > Run services. Of course you don't have to use batch files. You can also run files or URLs.

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #370
How to do Copy Path command ?

CMD /C ECHO %path%|CLIP

After 2 hours of hard work finally it works...

Now the next challenge is to use the Windows path variables:

For example:

%ProgramFiles(x86)%\SoftwareABC\SoftwareABC.exe

I tried to put " ' " everywhere but no succes...

Any idea?

Thanks Florian!

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #371
Just wanted the to thank the creator of this plug-in! Definitely one of the most useful ones.
Thank You

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #372
Using foo_run to open MP3Tag on 64 bit windows

I have followed some of the other posts on this topic, but i think there are some missing " marks, because it didn't work for me.

Put this in as the path if MP3tag is just installed in the default 32 bit programs folder (i.e. programs (x86). Make sure you include all the " and ' marks. Finally, set the simultaneous runs slider to unlimited. This enables you to send multiple tracks at once to MP3Tag

"C:\Program Files '('x86')'\Mp3tag\Mp3tag.exe" "%_path%"

I hope that helps.

I was looking for a code for this. Thanks, it works well.

foo_run 0.3.7

Reply #374
Just wanted to add a little tip:
I couldn't get this to run a certain program, so I made a link to that program in Foobar's directory, then this worked:

"mp3directcut" "%_path%"

("mp3directcut" is the name of the shortcut file)

However I think I'm going to switch to Tom_W's method (single quotes around the parenthesis in the path).

Also, this is how I open a files' folder, AND it selects/focuses on the file:

explorer /select , "%path%"