Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: IS there a timer function to run a sound file every 15 minutes? (Read 1067 times) previous topic - next topic

IS there a timer function to run a sound file every 15 minutes?

I am seeking a way that at about every 1/4 hour to play a station ID file. I am using Foobar for a hobby radio station. I have a simple playlist, but it would be fun to have at the top of the hour the system selection a short audio file for a station ID and at 15, 30 and 45 another file for a station image.

Please let me know? I'd have to spend hundreds of dollar for a radio station automation subscription for such a simple need.

Thanks.

Rory
the audioarchaeologist

Re: IS there a timer function to run a sound file every 15 minutes?

Reply #1
Hi there,

There is a component foo_scheduler that might help - though I have not used it to know how well it might work for your purpose. The discussion thread might have answers.

To go outside of foobar, you could also look at Windows Task Scheduler app, and run a command line to the specific sound clip. Click 'Create Task...', name it, set the trigger to 'Daily' and 'Repeat every 15 minutes', set the action to 'Start a program' with foobar path and filename. This would interrupt whatever you are playing in foobar, sending the file to a 'New' playlist (see Preferences > Shell Integration > Always send new files to playlist : New) and then you could automate a resume - perhaps using foo_playlist_attributes with 'Continue on playlist...' (set to main playlist) and 'Bookmark last playback' (on main playlist). Foobar could even fade in/out between playlists.

Just some ideas there. Depends how you'd want to use it I suppose.

Cheers 8)