Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar/facets - set album art to display now playing? (Read 11871 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar/facets - set album art to display now playing?

This is prolly a pretty simple thing to fix but I just can't find the option to save my life! I've just switched from iTunes + MP + foobar passthru over to foobar (got sick of the instability of the iTunes multi-plugin). I went with the facets component since it pretty much mimicks the iTunes interface, and for the most part it's brilliant! However I have an issue with the artwork panel, it always displays artwork for what's currently selected rather than what's currently playing. Is there a way to change this?

Reply #1
sorry dude not gonna be of much help
but i wud recommend using ColumnsUI
you can customize to whatever look u like and artwork panel is customizable
though it displays what currently playing instead of the currently selected

Reply #2
I don't use facets, but isn't this a "cursor follows playback issue"?

Main Menu > Playback > [Make sure "playback follows cursor" is unticked] > Tick "Cursor follows playback"

I might be wrong, but see if that helps.

C.
PC = TAK + LossyWAV  ::  Portable = Opus (130)

Reply #3
hot4mix - I tired Columns UI but overall I found facets a lot better with a lot less setup required

carpman - Tried that, doesn't work

I'm guessing facets just doesn't allow this particular customization which is a shame...

Reply #4
It is just the nature of the default user interface and it's art viewer.

Not much you can do. Keep in mind double clicking on the status bar will bring you back to the now playing track which also refocuses your album art.

Not a fix, but sometimes what disturbs people is simply that they get lost browsing and wonder where amongst various playlists they started from

terry

Reply #5
easy!

album art display is set to playing item when nothing is selected, so:

CLICK ON EMPTY AERA IN:

playlist manager
playlist
facet

now album art display playing item...

also hit space bar!
working allways but not with facet (bug)

also you can click on search aera in facet and album list , playback order  ....
Music is my first love.

Reply #6
This ancient topic has caught my eye because it was a problem I had.

Just because this apparently has so much SEO I feel like here's how it works. I presume that FooBar has grown up a bit since then. But the default is still to play the currently selected track rather than the currently playing track. There is no way to select 'nothing' as a previous post once suggested once upon a time. But here what does work at the moment

Library > Configure > Display

Selection Viewers > "Prefer Currently Playing Track"  which is the second radio button option from the default of "Prefer current selection"

anyway I hope this helps someone else. Being somewhat new to foobar I'm not 100% on what faucets is but I presume it was the default UI. My suggestion works for me on the current default UI which is just labeled default UI. Cheers.

Re: Foobar/facets - set album art to display now playing?

Reply #7
This ancient topic has caught my eye because it was a problem I had.

Just because this apparently has so much SEO I feel like here's how it works. I presume that FooBar has grown up a bit since then. But the default is still to play the currently selected track rather than the currently playing track. There is no way to select 'nothing' as a previous post once suggested once upon a time. But here what does work at the moment

Library > Configure > Display

Selection Viewers > "Prefer Currently Playing Track"  which is the second radio button option from the default of "Prefer current selection"

anyway I hope this helps someone else. Being somewhat new to foobar I'm not 100% on what faucets is but I presume it was the default UI. My suggestion works for me on the current default UI which is just labeled default UI. Cheers.

thank you!