Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Skins v1.5.0 + Track info fields and functions (Title Formatting) (Read 1730 times) previous topic - next topic

Skins v1.5.0 + Track info fields and functions (Title Formatting)

New skin file format for v1.5.0 + Track info fields and functions (Title Formatting)

Foobar2000 Mobile:Skin file format
https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000_Mobile:Skin_file_format

The .fbskin file is packed in store mode.
Skin folder → .zip → .fbskin
edit: .fbskin → .zip → unzip → Skin folder

・I hope you can practice your editing work.

W3c-color05 (for v1.5.0) 03 (2024-01-20).7z
https://foobar2000.xrea.jp/up/files/up1869.7z
Confirmed on Android Tablet 16:10, iPod touch (7th), iPad mini.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
---

W3c-color06 (for v1.5.0) 02.7z (2024-01-09)
https://foobar2000.xrea.jp/up/files/up1846.7z
Confirmed on Android Tablet 16:10, iPod touch (7th), iPad mini.

---

Flat2-3d2 (for v1.5.0) 03.7z (2024-01-09)
https://foobar2000.xrea.jp/up/files/up1848.7z
Android Tablet 16:10 他、iPod touch (7th)、iPad mini で確認

---

Flat2 mainback-07 (for v1.5.0).7z (2024-01-10b)
https://foobar2000.xrea.jp/up/files/up1851.7z
Android Tablet 16:10 他、iPod touch (7th)、iPad mini で確認

SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, 水月雨 (MOONDROP) 空鳴 - VOID, Nakamichi Elite FIVE ANC, SONY WH-ULT900N (ULT WEAR) (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself)

Re: Skins v1.5.0 + Track info fields and functions (Title Formatting)

Reply #1
Most of the icons used on the Tools Screen are standard ones. Please replace it yourself. Of course, you can leave it as is.
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, 水月雨 (MOONDROP) 空鳴 - VOID, Nakamichi Elite FIVE ANC, SONY WH-ULT900N (ULT WEAR) (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself)

Reply #2
I've been messing about with tweaking the default skins to add a little more info, and have been successful except for one thing: displaying the time remaining in a label.  Currently I have:

Code: [Select]
[label]
50,3245,2400,150 [changing each Portrait file as needed]
centered
[font-info][%codec% | %__bitspersample%-bit  %samplerate% Hz | -%playback_time_remaining%]

but %playback_time_remaining% doesn't register anything. Previously I tried using the old version (%_time_remaining%), but that just yielded a '?' I use this old version in my desktop Playlist view (under the Length column: [-%_time_remaining% / ]%_length%).

No idea if this is a bug, or I'm just missing something, as I'm new to fb2k mobile and this is the first time I've tried to tweak a skin. I've read "Foobar2000 Mobile:Skin file format" which suggests %playback_time_remaining% should work.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated. Thanks!

Reply #3
Hi ) @Sancho

That's right. You should be able to use %fields% in Label.

Foobar2000 Mobile:Skin file format
Label formatting
https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000_Mobile:Skin_file_format#Label_formatting

However, you won't know whether all Title Formatting can be used unless you actually create a skin.
In that case, you should either report the problem or try another method.
This is a troublesome problem when creating skins.
Please think of it as a different software from desk top foobar2000.

I'm going to test it now, so please give me some time.
I will also try [remaining]

Reply #4
Component-specific fields and functions
Now playing info
https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Titleformat_Reference#Now_playing_info
%playback_time_remaining_seconds%
[-%playback_time_remaining_seconds%]

don't work.
I will now test [remaining]
-----
Label:
[length], [currentposition], [remaining], [volumelbl], [artist], [title], [album], [genre], [year], [composer], [conductor], [album artist], [artistmulti], [album artist multi], [nextartist], [nextalbum], [nexttitle], [albumart], [image], [rectangle], [line], [frame], [position], [volume]

Buttons: playnpause, play, pause, stop, skipnext, skipback, menu, repeat, shuffle, onetrack, stopaftercurrent

Reply #5
Thanks for the reply @Air KEN

I'm in the process of tweaking the default Black Skin to fit my 480x800 FiiO M7. Earlier I just tweaked the font colors and added %YEAR% to precede the album title.  All that worked fine, and the app is definitely smart enough to choose the closest subskin to apply, as the results were quite satisfactory. But I wanted to see if I could use one of the provided subskins to guide me through creating a custom one for the M7. Well, ratios FTW! as that got me what I wanted. That and GIMP to resize the PNGs.

So, I'll do a little more research, but given all the other Title Formatting works, I reckon I'll have to report it as a bug. No need to be hasty, though  :D

Reply #6
It seems that [remaining] can be used

---------
[label]
right
[rgb-250-250-250]-[remaining] /

[label]
left
[rgb-250-250-250] [length]

Reply #7
You da MAN!

Had to tweak the line to this:

[font-info][%codec% | %__bitspersample%-bit  %samplerate% Hz] | -[remaining]

but it works :-)  Here's a photo. The M7 can't do screenshots.

Reply #8
GooooooooooD!  :))

Reply #9
to correct

Reply #10
for 16:10 (Checked on Android tablet for 16:10)
foobar2000-mobile-v1.5 + onetrack.7z: https://foobar2000.xrea.jp/up/files/up1876.7z
foobar2000 mobile v1.5.0 preview 2024-02-02
foobar2000 mobile v1.5.0 preview You can now use the Button onetrack on 2024-02-02
Also enable Repeat.

[button]
onetrack
onetrack.png
onetrack-h.png
onetrack-d.png
onetrack-h.png

Reply #11
Reply #10
for 16:10
foobar2000-mobile-v1.5 + onetrack.7z
Modified version

foobar2000-mobile-v1.5 + onetrack 02.7z
https://foobar2000.xrea.jp/up/files/up1884.7z

Reply #12
It seems that [remaining] can be used
<snip>
I'm curious how you discovered this. Was it an educated guess, or is there a resource that lists all the title formatting native to fb2k skins (i.e., using [whatever] vs. %whatever% in the old(?) desktop format)? I've been searching, but haven't found anything. Since we've discovered not all old %title_format% things work with the new skin format, it would be handy to have such a resource.

Thanks.

Reply #13
This is code exclusively for foobar2000 mobile.
After foobar2000 mobile was released, a skin creation set was released immediately.
You cannot create it yourself with a fixed code.

I created a foobar2000 mobile page on the Japanese wiki early on, so some Japanese people know about it.
foobar2000 mobile (Japanese wiki)
https://foobar2000.xrea.jp/?foobar2000+mobile

Japanese wiki foobar2000 mobile Skinning has been rewritten for v1.5.0.

Here is the person who created the Old Skinning page.
SpoonTestSkin.zip (Spoon: dBpoweramp Music Converter Developer)
https://github.com/anonyfoxp/Foobar2000_Skinning

Reply #14
@Sancho
Isn't this an answer?
----
FiiO X5
https://foobar2000.xrea.jp/up/files/up1886.png

Reply #16
Did you understand from the explanation in Reply #13?

Also, I also use FiiO Android DAP
SS: Power button + Volume -.

Reply #17
Ah, I see now on your Wiki page.  I didn't scroll down far enough to see this section ("Label (metadata/information fields such as artist, year, genre):").  It looks pretty thorough, though you do end with "etc." which makes me wonder if there aren't other fields that are built into the app. Still, a very handy resource. I bookmarked it and the spoon's old page. Thanks for the links!

I experimented with adding the Comment tag to the skin, discovering [comment] is not one of those built-in fields, but [%comment%] works. Unfortunately long comments are shrunk so much to fit the M7's 480 px width that it's not worth it to crowd the display with so much info. Still, I made it a skin I can switch to when the mood hits.

As far as screenshots go, I tried "Power button + Volume -" but it just turned off the display (either pressing simultaneously or pressing Vol. - first, then Power).  Or if it did take the screenshots, I couldn't find them on the device (looked everywhere I could). The M7 runs very old Android (7, IIRC).

Thanks again  :)