Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Can't do custom sort (Read 1477 times) previous topic - next topic

Can't do custom sort

I have a problem on sorting all of sudden. It supposes working fine in Win 7 before.
I can't remember if it doesnt work since I upgrade to Win 10.

Anyway this is the old script that I used: $if(%rating%,$repeat(●,%rating%)$repeat(o,$sub(5,%rating%)),ooooo)
The list wont change no matter I sort it up and down. I tried to make it as %rating% and it displays as "?" instead of number.
I assume the software cannot detect that field for some reasons. The rating number is stored correctly in the profile tho.

Any help is appreciated

Re: Can't do custom sort

Reply #1
Hi there,

The code works fine for me. Did you install Playback Statistics? If so, see the note here. If ratings are stored in file tags, you must use $meta(rating) to get them instead of %rating%.

Cheers

Reply #2
Hi there,

The code works fine for me. Did you install Playback Statistics? If so, see the note here. If ratings are stored in file tags, you must use $meta(rating) to get them instead of %rating%.

Cheers

I didnt install Playback Statistics, do I have to install it if I use Win 10? I pretty sure I didnt install it back in Win 7.
The rating which I said is the custom field which I created. So it likes:

Track Number
Total Tracks
Disc Number
Comment
<RATING>

The value is there but the software cant detect it. Any ideas?

Reply #3
Not sure, %rating% should work correctly without Playback Statistics. Can you check Preferences > Components list to confirm it is not there?

Where you are entering the script in your first post? Can you post a screenshot? (You can attach pictures to your post on these forums)

Reply #4
Can you create some custom playlist columns with the codes anamorphic gave you already and tell us what they return on your tracks?
Code: [Select]
$meta(rating)
Code: [Select]
%rating%

Reply #5
Track Number
Total Tracks
Disc Number
Comment
<RATING>

Could it be you lost your standard fields settings in the upgrade? Preferences > Advanced > Properties dialog > Standard fields: is the custom "rating" field listed?
I'm late

Reply #6
Oh I actually have Playback Statistic installed :P

I enter my script here

Error

Tried to make it simple

Looks like it cant detect the value

Properties

Any ideas?

Could it be you lost your standard fields settings in the upgrade? Preferences > Advanced > Properties dialog > Standard fields: is the custom "rating" field listed?
hmmm I cant see this option under Advanced

Reply #9
Thanks guys! It works now :)
Since when do we need to use meta()? I pretty sure I haven't use this before.