Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CUETools Command Line flac Image Insert (Read 16632 times) previous topic - next topic

CUETools Command Line flac Image Insert

Hi,
I tried the CUETools command line interface for convert:
CUETools.exe /convert <cuefilename>

It worked fine, except I did not get any album cover art in my flac files. Is there any way to specify an image file when working at the command line?

Dan

Re: CUETools Command Line flac Image Insert

Reply #1
Note: CUETools uses the 'convert' profile (stored as profile-convert.txt) when you run this command so make sure you make changes to the correct profile (the 'default' profile is stored as settings.txt).

CUETools uses a string match to select Cover Art. This is useful when the 'make selection' popup windows are suppressed. Placeholders can also be used so something like %artist% - %album%.jpg can be to used for matches as well.

A string match may also be helpful for this issue of so many coverart files.
korth

Reply #2
Hmmm. OK. I basically got that to work (once I found that settings.txt and profile-convert.txt are stored in the .../AppData/Roaming/... folder.)

Problem, though... special characters. When I use the command line to convert a WAV to flac, and the artist and album have no special characters, then I get flac files with album art (Woo-Hoo! ;D). On the other hand, the presence of special characters seems to break the magic :(.

I have these three files sitting in my "F:\RipCUE\A" folder (The WAV and CUE files were generated by EAC):

Mode                LastWriteTime         Length Name
----                -------------         ------ ----
-a----       11/10/2018   8:24 AM           1444 AC-DC - High Voltage.cue
-ar---        11/9/2018   9:23 PM         133269 AC-DC - High Voltage.jpg
-ar---        10/8/2018   2:10 PM      469348700 AC-DC - High Voltage.wav

Below are the first several lines in "AC-DC - High Voltage.cue". Note that the PERFORMER command's value has a "/" in it.
REM GENRE Rock
REM DATE 1976
REM DISCID 730A6409
REM COMMENT "ExactAudioCopy v1.3"
PERFORMER "AC/DC"
TITLE "High Voltage"
REM COMPOSER ""
FILE "AC-DC - High Voltage.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 01 AUDIO

My CUE Paths Template is:
G:\$ifgreater(%totaldiscs%,1,RipFLAC Un-Mod,RipFLAC)\%artist%\%album%[ - %totaldiscs%.%discnumber%]\%artist% - %album%.cue

This is from my profile-convert.txt file:
Advanced=<CUEConfigAdvanced>
=  <CoverArtFiles>
=    <string>%artist% - %album%.jpg</string>
=    <string>folder.jpg</string>
=    <string>front.jpg</string>
=  </CoverArtFiles>
=</CUEConfigAdvanced>

When I use CUETools to convert "AC-DC - High Voltage.wav", GUI or command line, my flac files end up in:
G:\RipFLAC\AC_DC\High Voltage

However, when I use the command line - no image in flac.

I thought maybe because EAC does / -> - (dash) and CUETools does / -> _ (underscore), that was the problem. I tried renaming "AC-DC - High Voltage.jpg" to "AC_DC - High Voltage.jpg". Still, no joy in Mudville.

It seems, and correct me if I'm wrong, that CUETools is not using its special character replacement in %artist% and %album% when looking for the cover art files that it uses when generating folder and file names to save audio files. If you can confirm this, I'll post it over in the list where I posted "[that] issue of so many coverart files"

On the other hand, I did observe :), now that my profile-convert.txt has <string>%artist% - %album%.jpg</string>, that the GUI picks up, for names without special characters, the album art correctly without stopping to ask me.

Dan

Reply #3
It seems, and correct me if I'm wrong, that CUETools is not using its special character replacement in %artist% and %album% when looking for the cover art files that it uses when generating folder and file names to save audio files.
I'll confirm.

Note: profile-convert.txt and settings.txt were for reference. You can make changes from the GUI by switching profiles.
korth

Reply #4
Note: CUETools uses the 'convert' profile (stored as profile-convert.txt) when you run this command so make sure you make changes to the correct profile (the 'default' profile is stored as settings.txt).

Probably the right thread to ask:
I accidentally deleted the convert profile (missed "default" and hit "delete"). If I just recreate a profile called "convert" (and manually fix the setting to taste), am I then back in business?

Reply #5
yes that should work.
korth