Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_lyrics3 (Read 884000 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1325
@the vern

it works - thanks

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1326
Thanks for fixing some previous bugs! 
Right now by v.0.4.4 most Japanese songs and Traditional Chinese title songs can find and show exact lyrics.
I'm glad that Timestamped 3 is back!

Though some Traditional Chinese title songs with artist's name and songname same with Simplified Chinese character still come out Simplified Chinese lyrics at first, I can click "Lyric search" to select the right Traditional Chinese lyrics later.
It's better than "Found nothing".

However, by v.0.4.4, a few songs display irrelevant English lyrics like v.0.4.1.
E.g. Traditional Chinese title song "我心中尚未崩壞的地方" by 五月天 or some Japanese songs from the greatest hits album "Expressions" by 竹内まりや.
Tracklist examples:
http://www.yesasia.com/us/%E6%AD%A5%E6%AD%...-0-en/info.html
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=WPCL-10611

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1327
Could someone help me with local lyric file search?

It appears that the local search path setting doesn't work, but this plugin will aotomatically search the media directory since I have tried putting lyric to the directory and successfully got it searched.

All my lyric files are named as the same as the name of media files. At the beginnign I guess this plugin requires the lyric be named by information relating to title, artist and/or album, but it surprsingly works well.

Here is a screenshot of my setting and the lyric path.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1328
Could someone help me with local lyric file search?

It appears that the local search path setting doesn't work, but this plugin will aotomatically search the media directory since I have tried putting lyric to the directory and successfully got it searched.

All my lyric files are named as the same as the name of media files. At the beginnign I guess this plugin requires the lyric be named by information relating to title, artist and/or album, but it surprsingly works well.

Here is a screenshot of my setting and the lyric path.

are you sure %filename% doesn't contain ".mp3"?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1329
are you sure %filename% doesn't contain ".mp3"?

Hi, SUPERCOOLMAN. Thank you for your respose. I was also confused by "filename" at the beginning.
I use this for reference, and suppose "filename" dose not have ".mp3"

By the way, I have just now coplied all the lyric files to the defult lyric saving folder,i.e. C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\lyrics, and successfully matched all my soundtracks. So my problem can be seen as solved to some entent.

Even if my searching filename format is wrong, still it doen't matter since I can see this plugin will intelegently do searching and have a lyric match.

For my situation, I will suggust there could be something wrong with the localfile searching path. Current solution is to put the lyric files either in the default saving folder (configuration folder as in lyric saving tab), or the media file directory folder.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1330
Why you want to change the lyrics path/directory?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1331
Why you want to change the lyrics path/directory?

Because I previously used another music player which have rich lyrics in its server. All my lyrics are saved in that default folder and, by habit I always use this single folder to store lyrics and set searching path of other players/plugins.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1332
@huokok
As far as my own tests have been able to demonstrate there isn't a bug in the search directory.

However the file that you have highlighted has a ':' (colon) in the filename, which is an illegal file character and is replaced with a '_' by my plugin. Does it load any of the other files in that folder?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1333
@huokok
As far as my own tests have been able to demonstrate there isn't a bug in the search directory.

However the file that you have highlighted has a ':' (colon) in the filename, which is an illegal file character and is replaced with a '_' by my plugin. Does it load any of the other files in that folder?

Hi, thank you for your response in the first place.
I did another test. I copied all my lyrics in a newly created folder and did the search successfully. It appears that there could be something wrong in my original lyric folder, or perhaps my system. I will from now on use this folder for all my other music players/plugins.
Sorry for all the unecessary discussion above initiated by me.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1334
More detection reports:

About those Japanese or Traditional Chinese songs showing irrelevant English lyrics, I check "Lyric Search" and find "Source" from "Online DB: Google Search" only.
It's quite curious that you can find these correct lyrics by Google Search actually, but you can't get them by this component source database.
So, could it be something wrong with Google Search setting?

I also try Jorchking's method uploading one of those songs lyrics to MiniLyrics and then searching again, unfortunately nothing has changed yet.
The Lyric Search Source still emerges "Online DB: Google Search" only, nothing from Timestamped 3.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1335
there is a 'bug', if no lyrics exist for the song, and i right click on the lyrics panel and 'Edit Lyrics...'
and then, i paste the contents i find on a site, in .lrc format (with timestamps etc), and then press ok and it saves the data...

the file is saved as .txt

is there anyway you could do a check upon saving, to save this as a .lrc?
it would be really helpful, thanks

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1336
Hi, I've been using Foobar for a couple of months now, and recently I've noticed that the process spikes up to 100% CPU usage upon skipping multiple songs quickly.
I did some digging with Process Explorer and found the lyrics3 seems to be causing the problem:

(Happened after skipping about 10 songs in a row)

I've made sure everything's up to date and nothing's causing problems according to the online troubleshooter.
Anyone got any ideas on what's going on? I've found nothing on google so far ;_;
It's a fantastic plugin and I'd hate to have to lose it

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1337
there is a 'bug', if no lyrics exist for the song, and i right click on the lyrics panel and 'Edit Lyrics...'
and then, i paste the contents i find on a site, in .lrc format (with timestamps etc), and then press ok and it saves the data...

the file is saved as .txt

is there anyway you could do a check upon saving, to save this as a .lrc?
it would be really helpful, thanks

I also have met such situation. For me, 3 lyrics which is input by "edit lyric" are found ended with ".txt", though ".txt" is also, and actually the format of lyric file.

If right click the lyric panel and do "save", another file ended with ".lrc" will be created.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1338
Hope it's ok to ask my question in this thread, even if it's not 100% about Lyric Show 3.

I want a column in my playlist that indicates if a track has lyrics or not (just a 'Yes' or 'No' basically). The lyrics are saved as text files by Lyrics3 in the same folder as the audio track, with the same filename, and extension .txt or .lrc. So far I've come up with this, but I think I'm way off with the logic of the whole thing (it only shows 'N', never 'Y'):
Code: [Select]
$if($and(%filename%,$or($ext(txt),$ext(lrc))),Y,N)

Here's some screenshots to hopefully clarify what I mean:

Can FB2K even check for these text files? I'd be glad for any hints.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1339
Titleformatting (on its own) can't look up files like that. A WSH panel script most likely can, but it would require a separate panel.

Is there any particular reason to use external txts? Writing the lyrics to your files' metadata would allow the type of checking you want with titleformatting.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1340
Thanks for your reply, Daeron. Too bad it's not possible with regular title formatting - WSH seems a bit overkill for that, I'd rather ditch that column.

I don't have a really good reason for external text files, but a few nitpicky ones: 9 out of 10 lyrics downloaded from the web are plain crap (typos, wrong sync, wrong lyrics in general, etc); I don't need the lyrics on my portable devices (not that they take up significant space, but they might slow down Rockbox on really old/slow players like the Cowon X5); I don't want to clutter FB2K's database of my ~70.000 files with unnecessarily large tags (yeah, I know that has been improved in current versions...).

Keeping my audio files free of lyrics clutter 'felt' like the right thing to do. But you're right - I might simply embed verified correct lyrics into my audio files and just use the indicator for those, instead of the auto-downloaded loose text files.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1341
Wouldn't 'old' players simply ignore the tag completely? Filesize is hardly a problem. You mentioned the database-handling changes. There's also a checkbox to only save timestamped lyrics which should have a pretty high rate of 'not being trash'.

But it's up to you, I'm not trying to force anything.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1342
Well, the old player runs Rockbox and can do pretty much everything, including lyrics display. But since it's an ancient, slow Coldfire processor, it is too slow for several 'advanced' tasks (don't even think about album art display).

Either way, I've started embedding lyrics and am quite happy with the lyrics column I came up with:

(Orange for synced lyrics, white-ish for unsynced, dark gray for no lyrics.)

Here's the code for that, if anyone wants to reuse it. I'm sure it can be made less ugly and more efficient, but so far it works well (for improvement hints I would be grateful):
Code: [Select]
$if(%LYRICS%,>>$char(9679)<<)$if(%UNSYNCED LYRICS%,<$char(9679)>)$if($and($not(%LYRICS%),$not(%UNSYNCED LYRICS%)),<<<$char(9679)>>>)

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1343
Well, the old player runs Rockbox and can do pretty much everything, including lyrics display.

i think rockbox only reads lyrics from tags if the file is mp3, or, at least if the tag is id3v1.
with flac files you need to have the lyrics as separate files... i'm pretty sure

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1344
Everytime I play "Harry Escott - Brandon" from the Shame score/soundtrack, the plugin downloads "The 69 Eyes - Brandon" from the Timestamped 2 source. How can I stop it from doing so?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1345
i noticed something today. i have my lrc files saved into a subdirectory wherever the audio files are.
(the 'save method' under 'Lyric Saving' is 'save to directory same as file' and the filename format is 'lyrics\%filename%'
so if the flac is in C:\xxx\yyy\zzz\filename.flac, the lrc will be stored in C:\xxx\yyy\zzz\lyrics\flacfilename.lrc

for the lyric search properties, for local file search, i have 'enable built in artist-title search' ticked, and 'search sub directories' ticked. nothing is added to the text fields.

i have a song and the title has a question mark in it.
when i create, or when a lyric file is searched and saved, it saves it how i want. (pathtoflac/lyrics/flacfilename.lrc)

but when it tries to load the lrc file, it is looking for flactitle.lrc... but the title is not how the lrc file is saved.
the title has a question mark in it, and the filename does not (cannot).

what can i change so the the lrc are searched using the flac's filename, and not the flac's title.

i am sure i need to change something, that i wrote i bold above.
but when untick 'enable built in artist-title search', and enter %filename% in the field... the lrc files are not found...

is it possible to do make this how i want?
thanks a lot, i appreciate it

-edit.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1346
i noticed something today. i have my lrc files saved into a subdirectory wherever the audio files are.
(the 'save method' under 'Lyric Saving' is 'save to directory same as file' and the filename format is 'lyrics\%filename%'
so if the flac is in C:\xxx\yyy\zzz\filename.flac, the lrc will be stored in C:\xxx\yyy\zzz\lyrics\flacfilename.lrc

for the lyric search properties, for local file search, i have 'enable built in artist-title search' ticked, and 'search sub directories' ticked. nothing is added to the text fields.

i have a song and the title has a question mark in it.
when i create, or when a lyric file is searched and saved, it saves it how i want. (pathtoflac/lyrics/flacfilename.lrc)

but when it tries to load the lrc file, it is looking for flactitle.lrc... but the title is not how the lrc file is saved.
the title has a question mark in it, and the filename does not (cannot).

what can i change so the the lrc are searched using the flac's filename, and not the flac's title.

i am sure i need to change something, that i wrote i bold above.
but when untick 'enable built in artist-title search', and enter %filename% in the field... the lrc files are not found...

is it possible to do make this how i want?
thanks a lot, i appreciate it

-edit.

not sure about the lyrics saving part, but you can change artist field to [$replace(%artist%,\,,/,,*,,?,,",,<,,>,,|,,:,)] and title field to [$replace(%title%,\,,/,,*,,?,,",,<,,>,,|,,:,)] for lyrics search. I've been using this organization since day one

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1347
not sure about the lyrics saving part, but you can change artist field to [$replace(%artist%,\,,/,,*,,?,,",,<,,>,,|,,:,)] and title field to [$replace(%title%,\,,/,,*,,?,,",,<,,>,,|,,:,)] for lyrics search. I've been using this organization since day one

sure, thanks, but there must be a neater way.
but, the title doesn't have to be based on the filename, and vice versa.
i just want to load a lrc that has the name filename as the audio file, just the same way that i am saving the lyrics.
i don't want the tags to play any part in saving the lrc (they do not), or looking for the lrc (it seems it does). 

-edit. i am sure the plugin supports what i do, i just don't know how to do it...
for the saving screen, a preview is shown, where the file will be saved to based on your current input.
it would be nice if that was done for loading, since i cannot see where i am making the mistake.

also, why is the associations option always active, i cannot remove it? i assume it is faster to use the association then to search for a file each time, but, surely it is not mandatory to make us use it?

(i hate to be critical, i am so happy with this plugin, it is the plugin i look at, use the most, so i really appreciate all the work you have put into this, thanks the vern)

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1348
Did you try putting something like '$replace(%path%,\%filename_ext%,)' under the search sub-directories checkbox?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1349

sure, thanks, but there must be a neater way.
but, the title doesn't have to be based on the filename, and vice versa.
i just want to load a lrc that has the name filename as the audio file, just the same way that i am saving the lyrics.
i don't want the tags to play any part in saving the lrc (they do not), or looking for the lrc (it seems it does). 

-edit. i am sure the plugin supports what i do, i just don't know how to do it...
for the saving screen, a preview is shown, where the file will be saved to based on your current input.
it would be nice if that was done for loading, since i cannot see where i am making the mistake.

also, why is the associations option always active, i cannot remove it? i assume it is faster to use the association then to search for a file each time, but, surely it is not mandatory to make us use it?

(i hate to be critical, i am so happy with this plugin, it is the plugin i look at, use the most, so i really appreciate all the work you have put into this, thanks the vern)

default is to change all invalid characters for filename to nuderscore, the conditions I put is to simply remove those characters for search. it depends on what you want to do with illegal characters in song title