Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Encountering problem when using EAC and LAME to rip CD (Read 2512 times) previous topic - next topic

Encountering problem when using EAC and LAME to rip CD

Hi all,
        i'm encountering a problem when using EAC and LAME to rip my CDs. The LAME version i'm using is 3.98.2, and i got it from rarewares. As i'm a noobie, i followed setup guides' recomendations for all my EAC settings. The materials i referred to are from the hydrogenaudio wiki, link http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti...xact_Audio_Copy.

When ripping my CDs, after each song is copied, this error message will pop up.

Warning

The external compressor returned an error!

Options : -V2 "0tmp1!542.wav" "0tmp1!542.mp3"

File : C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\Aerosmith\The Very Best Of\01. Dude (Looks Like A Lady).wav

i don't have the slightest of idea what this means, so i just clicked ok to it and all the subsequent warning messages after each song. After the entire extraction process, the status report will say the copy was ok and there're no errors. But when i go to the EAC folder in my Program Files, not a single track can be found!!!

i don't know why the EAC isn't working properly and am very frustrated already. Will some pro member in this forum please lend a helping hand. Thanks.

Encountering problem when using EAC and LAME to rip CD

Reply #1
In 'Compression Settings' make sure you set the Parameter passing scheme to 'User Defined Encode' and for Program path point to where you unzipped Lame.exe
In Additional command line options,  type this, -V2 %s %d, and try again..