Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: monkey vs. mpc (Read 9353 times) previous topic - next topic

monkey vs. mpc

Which is better quality?

monkey vs. mpc

Reply #1
Mokey's Audio is lossless, MPC is lossy.

--
GCP

monkey vs. mpc

Reply #2
Monkeys Audio. It's lossless, where as MPC is Lossy.

RTFM

n00b
n00b
n00b

Please tell me you're kidding.

Ruairi
rc55.com - nothing going on

monkey vs. mpc

Reply #3
Is that a rhetorical question? ...Because MPC is not lossless.

monkey vs. mpc

Reply #4
sorry, i'm new to this whole thing

monkey vs. mpc

Reply #5
imo people with signatures longer than their average post length should be banned at sight
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

monkey vs. mpc

Reply #6
Peter,

He IST a n00b.

Let him be.

I tell him RTFM.

Let us see.

Ruairiririn

monkey vs. mpc

Reply #7
Originally posted by zZzZzZz
imo people with signatures longer than their average post length should be banned at sight

totaly agree

Originally posted by Jonny 2x4
sorry, i'm new to this whole thing

try reading a little around  before asking. its a good rule when comming to a new forum.
read a month before you post.

--edit--
fixed som wrong names in quoting
Sven Bent - Denmark

monkey vs. mpc

Reply #8
Whoa, what an newbie-unfriendlyness!

--
GCP

monkey vs. mpc

Reply #9
lol.  Check out your second quote sven_Bent... I don't think Peter wrote that..
IMO people should learn how to quote correctly as well..
Juha Laaksonheimo

monkey vs. mpc

Reply #10
Originally posted by JohnV
lol.  Check out your second quote sven_Bent... I don't think Peter wrote that..
IMO people should learn how to quote correctly as well..

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Peter, you damn newbie!

monkey vs. mpc

Reply #11
Originally posted by Jonny 2x4
Which is better quality?

In previous replies I did not see an answer to your question if you don't know the difference between lossless and lossy.  Some people are have no tolerance for newcomers then wonder why some formats don't become mainstream.

A simple answer to your question is....Monkey is better quality than Mpc.  lossless is an exact copy of your wav but the compression is not near the compression of Mpc.
You would be hard pressed though to tell the difference between Mpc --Quality 6 and the orginal
What if the Hokey Pokey....is What it's all about?

monkey vs. mpc

Reply #12
Hmm, I agree that this has unfortunately been a bit newbie-unfriendly thread so far..

We need newbie-guides/FAQs and newbie-forums, instead of unfriendly replies. We are working on it, but there are only very small number of people working, I hope I had more time for it...

Ruairi, if you tell somebody to RTFM, how about participating to the "Writing of TFM" as well...
Juha Laaksonheimo

monkey vs. mpc

Reply #13
Apologies, JohnV, Jonny...

Sorry if any offence caused.

Ruairi

monkey vs. mpc

Reply #14
Sorry,

I didn't want to come across as a newb. I just didn't know what "lossless" ment exaclty. That's all.

monkey vs. mpc

Reply #15
Heh, this is one of the reasons I was put off using MPC when I came into this new world of audio compression.  Any thread I saw where somebody new was asking for advice, they just got called stupid in various polite ways.  Especially by *** *****!  Thankfully Roberto & Ivan are helpful peeps

I know I don't know very much, but I'd help out with a newbies guide if you want.  I've gotten fairly used to expressing ideas in an easy to access way. 

If you're intersted, check out www.planetquake.com/nightbreed/helpstart.htm - it's a guide to help new players understand a game I now run.

[edit by JohnV]
Please, let's not go personal. Sorry to hear that, but I do think it's a bit unfair to say "any thread". There are lots of helpful people here, even among MPC users..
< w o g o n e . c o m / l o l >

monkey vs. mpc

Reply #16
I'm sorry about that..   

By any thread I meant I read every thread on the AAC and MPC boards at the time I joined  (no way was I "reading for a month before posting")...  I didn't want to post on the MPC board because of the reaction other people had got before me. 

It's a problem I've got with the messageboard about the game I run, a lot of the long term players are disrespectful towards new people, and I really hate to see people turn away from something because of the response they are given. 

I'm sure there would be a famous quote about knowledge being a gift that would be appropriate
< w o g o n e . c o m / l o l >

monkey vs. mpc

Reply #17
Originally posted by Mac
By any thread I meant I read every thread on the AAC and MPC boards at the time I joined  (no way was I "reading for a month before posting")...  I didn't want to post on the MPC board because of the reaction other people had got before me.
I'm sorry if that was the situation. I don't know what else to say.
Juha Laaksonheimo

monkey vs. mpc

Reply #18
Geez..

First of all, everybody calm down

I do agree that it's prudent to RTFM (if there is one) beforehand, but I don't think it's really called for to slam someone for asking an honest question.

It could have been much worse... like it could have been a question on how to get MPC's, etc.

As far as I can tell, and as the author emphasized, it was just a simple misunderstanding.

Jonny 2x4:

Sorry about some of the responses in this thread.  I hope that you, and any others reading this, will not be turned away from HA because of this experience.  Most of the people here are usually very helpful, but at times people can become frustrated by the repetition of certain common questions like these.

At any rate, as JohnV said, we are working dilligently to address this matter and provide a very comprehensive and easy to understand set of guides and documentation so that questions like these don't need to be asked in the first place -- the answer would be clearly available beforehand.

Soo... with that said, let's all try to lighten up a bit, eh?

monkey vs. mpc

Reply #19
sorry to be newbie-unfriendly, but it seems to me people should at least understand what the terms (or formats) are before inviting comparisons between them.

monkey vs. mpc

Reply #20
Originally posted by floyd
sorry to be newbie-unfriendly, but it seems to me people should at least understand what the terms (or formats) are before inviting comparisons between them.

To someone with no knowledge of audio compression, it may be difficult to pinpoint exactly what information they need to look up to determine the difference.

To someone who understands the difference, the answer seems obvious.  You have to look past that though and remember that at some point, even you didn't understand these things, and you had to get started somewhere.

As I said before, this question really wasn't that bad.. I don't see why the author was jumped on so much.

And to the people with Admin/Mod next to their names... you guys should really know better.  It reflects very poorly on HA to see these kinds of posts and reactions.

I'm starting to feel like I'm having to make these kinds of statements every other few weeks......................

Perhaps some people should be taking me a bit more seriously?

monkey vs. mpc

Reply #21
Gee, I wonder why some people would send newbies to r3mix instead of HA? ???
Dibrom is RIGHT! The mean-spirited reactions to this poor guy's innocent question are embarassing... I suggest that if answering someone's "silly" questions are "beneath" you, just don't reply at all... Sheesh

Jonny, please forgive these clowns. They really aren't so bad usually... Most of them are even nice once you get to know them. And BTW, welcome to HA! If you have any other "silly" questions, feel free to e-mail me at:
[a href='mailto:layer3maniac@hotmail.com'][/a]
and I'll help you out the best I can, one newbie to another!

monkey vs. mpc

Reply #22
Warning. This is a test of the emergency forum noobie broadcast system:

Mpc vs. wav
Which is better quality?

This was only a test.

monkey vs. mpc

Reply #23
Originally posted by whathe

Mpc vs. wav Which is better quality?

Ahem... should've asked whether wav or ape (monkeys) was better quality

monkey vs. mpc

Reply #24
Ok, I think enough has been said already..
Juha Laaksonheimo