Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to auto-fill missing tags? (Read 3249 times) previous topic - next topic

How to auto-fill missing tags?

I have a bunch of digital music files (FLAC, OGG, MP3), most of them properly tagged. However, some are missing tags like "album" and "year", and Mp3tag can't guess them for single files. Is there a good application that could help me out?
audiophile // flac & wavpack, mostly // using too many audio players

Reply #1
I'm not sure what you mean by "guessing for single files", but EasyTAG is a great tagging application and batch-tagging hundreds of files with it is incredibly simple.

Reply #2
"Guessing": I have single .flac (or smth) files with the Album tag missing.

Reply #3
The best way I found to reliably enter such information is to search manually. Songs usually appear not only on albums but also on compilatons, best of albums, chart sampler, movie soundtracks and so on. Same applies for the release date...

Reply #4
... that's why I am looking for some automatism. There may be an application out there which looks for these information and filters "greatest hits", "best of" and stuff...?

Reply #6
Picard seems to do exactly what I want. :-)
(Except there's obviously no filter, but hey, I can read myself.)

Great, thank you!