Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_discogs (Read 1346996 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_discogs

Reply #1075
Plugin has stopped fetching data yesterday.
Btw, a small suggestion: could you support "Producer"-tag mapping?

foo_discogs

Reply #1076
Since yesterday I can't get any tags.

discogs error: release id=200917: XML parse error

foo_discogs

Reply #1077
hello,

i just wanted to add some information about this issue.

the last days i recognized, that the fine discogs-plugin does not find the same results as the websearch of discogs's site does.

i entered the same query on the website and fortunately i got all the results i expected, copied the release-ID to the plugins "release-id or url"-box and went fine.

unfortunately, this is pretty much overhead on work by myself :-)

please let me know, if i can give more useful informations. i manually checked the websearch on 4 or 10 searches with the plugin, so i guess this is pretty simple to reproduce with some music to tag. if not, let me know, i will send some names like in my post above.

foo_discogs

Reply #1078
Hello.  I guess this is a feature request.  Now that Discogs has a digital section for buying MP3/WAV, is there any chance to look up info from these releases?  It would be helpful for tagging non-vinyl/cd releases.

e.g. http://www.discogs.com/mp3/Esp-Its-On-You/1477449

Thanks!

foo_discogs

Reply #1079
Hi folks,
I just started to use foobar200 recently again and imported/converted a lot of music to FLAC. Using the discogs plugin for album art, i received a lot of jpgs of 20 bytes size (ca. 30%, rest are ok). These jpgs a corrupted and not complete. Did anybody had this problem before. Didn't find any discussion about that before.

Best regards,
Nils

foo_discogs

Reply #1080
Same issue with jpg here. Something was changed at discogs.com again.

foo_discogs

Reply #1081
These jpgs a corrupted and not complete.

hi had this issue some "years" ago, if i remember correclty, and couldnt do anything about it
just wait. meanwhile, to avoid the broken files, you could set not to fetch the album art in the confuguration dialogue of discogs, or not to overwrite existing files. (not quite a solution, i know...)

btw:
is there an option/a way to *automaticly* embedd album-art-images to the music-file(s)?

foo_discogs

Reply #1082
Would it be possible to allow choosing of different versions after selecting a master? Example: I was searching for TV On The Radio – Nine Types Of Light and it found (correctly) a single entry - http://www.discogs.com/TV-On-The-Radio-Nin...t/master/330638 - but the version I have is listed among the 7 versions for this master - http://www.discogs.com/TV-On-The-Radio-Nin...release/2852104. This way I have to go to discogs.com and search manually for the release ID and then enter it in the dialog box. It would be nice if we got to choose from a list of version upon selecting a master, for example a list of versions with number of tracks in brackets that would display track list upon cliking. This is probably too much but I'll ask anyway.

foo_discogs

Reply #1083
Would it be possible to allow choosing of different versions after selecting a master?

Basically the latest version is unfortunately somewhat incomplete, and bubbleguuum seems to have a bit on his plate, so meanwhile it's strongly recommended you revert to the "fixed" version of 1.26, which works fine with the Discogs API changes:
http://www.multiupload.com/UH22MN91GC

foo_discogs

Reply #1084
Thank you, works flawlessly!

foo_discogs

Reply #1085
I like to ask for a GUI enhancement: Resizable Window.
Nothing more, nothing less.
Just a resizable "Find Release" window.

-if you have a 24" screen and need to scroll a tiny 320x240 pixel window makes you feel like you're back in the 90s...
-if you have a 19" or 17" screen, its the same...
-if you have a 15" screen, i'm really really sorry for you :*)

foo_discogs

Reply #1086
having the same issue w/ the corrupted jpegs.

foo_discogs

Reply #1087
If you view the corrupted jpeg in notepad you'll see this message:

"500 Client Refused"

Wish I knew how to fix this...

foo_discogs

Reply #1088
Re corrupted jpegs, are you using this version?
http://www.multiupload.com/UH22MN91GC

It's version 1.26 hex-edited to change the name of the client as far as I know. It's still completely compatible with Discogs, just doesn't use the new API, and the latest foo_discogs, which does use the new API, has the additional problem of only retrieving master versions of albums. So this is the one to go with.

foo_discogs

Reply #1089
I've tried both, they have approx the same failure rate for album art from what I've found.
And 1.29 has been working fine for me for tagging (also tested this with 1.26+fix to make sure i wasn't missing anything, and it seems fine too).

foo_discogs

Reply #1090
I've tried both, they have approx the same failure rate for album art from what I've found.
And 1.29 has been working fine for me for tagging (also tested this with 1.26+fix to make sure i wasn't missing anything, and it seems fine too).

I've been using foo_discogs a fair bit recently and not found any problems with album art. Can you let me know a couple of discogs IDs of albums that are failing for you? Might as well try from over here and confirm...

foo_discogs

Reply #1092
no results found

It looks like discogs is blocking the User-Agent again:

Code: [Select]
GET /release/49769?f=xml&api_key=df4f42ee8c HTTP/1.1
Host: www.discogs.com
Connection: close
Accept-Encoding: gzip
User-Agent: Opera/9.80.00000
Accept: */*

500 Client Refused

I uploaded another fixed DLL of foo_discogs 1.26 here:
http://www.multiupload.com/DXPJNJ7545

Let's see how long this will work...

foo_discogs

Reply #1093
still can't find Ivica Vanevski & Saturn 6

foo_discogs

Reply #1094
still can't find Ivica Vanevski & Saturn 6

yesterday, after i read your post, i tested and it couldnt find "Ivica Vanevski & Saturn 6", but it found "Ivica Vanevski" and "Saturn 6" (single attempts just to see, if the plugin finds anything and it did.).
i'm using the patched version.

seems strange to me, that the useragend is sometimes blocked and sometimes not.

EDIT:
to be more specifiy about the "patched" version:
i didnt tested it with that version from traxy:
I uploaded another fixed DLL of foo_discogs 1.26 here:
http://www.multiupload.com/DXPJNJ7545

foo_discogs

Reply #1095
it can find "Ivica Vanevski" and "Saturn 6",but it can't find releases from "Ivica Vanevski & Saturn 6"

foo_discogs

Reply #1096
Simplistic question from an outsider: is it anything to do with the fact that the ampersand is reserved as a delimiter of variable=value pairs appended to HTTP URLs?

foo_discogs

Reply #1097
Ivica Vanevski & Saturn 6

i just tested this using wireshark (a program which monitors all network traffic) and it seems to be a problem on the discogs side. as far as the component is concerned, this is a successful server response even though it doesn't contain the data you want.

<resp stat="ok" version="1.0" requests="2"><searchresults numResults="0" /></resp>

@db1989, it encodes the artist name/ampersand properly as i'd expect from anyone capable of putting a foobar2000 component together.

GET /search?type=artists&q=Ivica%20Vanevski%20%26%20Saturn%206&f=xml&api_key=XXXXXX HTTP/1.1\r\n

foo_discogs

Reply #1098
just for the fun of it:
(i use firefox)

if i enter:
http://www.discogs.com/search?type=artists&q=Ivica%20Vanevski%20%26%20Saturn%206
(from the code by marc2003/wireshark) in the URL-bar,

the result is a changing URL in firefox
ttp://www.discogs.com/search?type=artists&q=Ivica Vanevski %26 Saturn 6
and the search-field of the discogs site has now a value of Ivica Vanevski & Saturn 6 but not results for the artist.

after that, i press the search icon (magnifying glass) with that search-term "entered", i get 10 results.
the URL in firefox has then changed to:
http://www.discogs.com/search?q=Ivica+Vanevski+%26+Saturn+6&btn=&type=all

i also recognized, that the search-engine of discogs (website) is kinda picky about special chars, like the ampersand, so i manually delete all the special chars if i use the search engine via the website and mostly get useful results.

EDIT:
*now* i'm using the patched version from traxy (fix2) :-) the older one does not work here anymore. so thank you very much!!

foo_discogs

Reply #1099
@db1989, it encodes the artist name/ampersand properly as i'd expect from anyone capable of putting a foobar2000 component together.

GET /search?type=artists&q=Ivica%20Vanevski%20%26%20Saturn%206&f=xml&api_key=XXXXXX HTTP/1.1\r\n
Of course! Not that I intended to question anyone’s competence.

But hey, I might not have been completely wrong, according to fuffi’s latest post. Seems it may be prudent to change the separator from an ASCII space to a plus symbol.