Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to create .cue sheets with Foobar2000 1.1.5 (Read 54538 times) previous topic - next topic

How to create .cue sheets with Foobar2000 1.1.5

I want to merge multiple tracks into a single file with a .cue sheet.
In the old Foobar 0.9, this function was in the right click menu, but I can't find it anywhere in Foobar 1.1.

How do I create cue sheets with Foobar 1.1?

TIA!

Reply #1
You need to use the new Converter. You may need to re-run the installer if you didn't install the converter component before.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #2
You need to use the new Converter. You may need to re-run the installer if you didn't install the converter component before.

Thanks, I figured out how to do it - this whole thing is extremely unintuitive - and I didn't need to install anything.

Any idea how to get the cue sheet to remember titles, file names, etc?

Reply #3
Cue sheet remembers track titles, and should also use whichever file name you used in the converter formatting string.

Reply #4
Cue sheet remembers track titles, and should also use whichever file name you used in the converter formatting string.

But it's not remembering track titles - I only get track numbers:

FILE "merged.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 12:30:46
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 18:21:11
  TRACK 04 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 23:05:31

Under "Generate multi-track files", if I try to put %filename% or %title% in the command line, it creates separate files for each track instead of merging them into one. If I leave this out, it doesn't remember them at all.
What is the command for making cue sheets record individual track names within a merged file?

Reply #5
So your input files don't have tags?

Reply #6
^My guess as, well. You need to first tag your files with the file name.

if I try to put %filename% or %title% in the command line, it creates separate files for each track instead of merging them into one. If I leave this out, it doesn't remember them at all.

%title% remaps to %filename% if the TITLE field is empty, for convenience sake. It doesn't mean your files actually have title tags.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #7
So your input files don't have tags?

No, I'm not ripping CD's - I'd just like the original file name back again, especially when I'm working with a zillion files.

Reply #8
Why do you have a zillion WAV files on your hard drive?

Reply #10

Can you (or somebody else) elaborate on how to create a cue sheet with the new converter?

I want to create an Audio CD image (single WAV file + CUE file) to burn it with EAC.
The older foobar versions had an "Convert to abum images with cuesheet or chapters" option which is missing in the new converter.
I tried choosing "Generate multi-track files" and "Merge all tracks into one output file", but all I get is a WAV file without a cue sheet.

EDIT: Nevermind, it works.

Reply #11
I tried choosing "Generate multi-track files"

This.

all I get is a WAV file without a cue sheet.

Works here without errors.

Reply #12
all I get is a WAV file without a cue sheet.

WAV file generates a CUE here.

FLAC file doesn't generate a CUE: 
Therefore I allways use for FLAC foo_cuesheet_creator 0.4.6

(foobar 1.1.6 beta 4)

Reply #13
With a FLAC file as target, the cuesheet is embedded (see context menu > Utilities > Edit cuesheet). There is no need for an external cuesheet then.

Reply #14

Thanks, I figured out how to do it - this whole thing is extremely unintuitive - and I didn't need to install anything.

Unintuitive indeed, can anyone explain it to me step by step? I've tried putting *.CUE and playlist.CUE in the "Converter > Other > Copy other files to the destination folder" but that doesn't get me a .cue.

I'm trying to convert from multiple WAV files to a single MP3 with .cue sheet (for guaranteed gapless playback).

Reply #15
As posted above, the converter does not produce an external CUE file when converting to formats that support embedding it.

Reply #16
As posted above, the converter does not produce an external CUE file when converting to formats that support embedding it.

Thanks for this new information, previously only FLAC was mentioned. Unfortunately is doesn't appear to be true. What I just tried:

Rip/Convert CD to single .wav files.
Convert multiple .wav files to single .mp3 file.
Opened Image.mp3 and right-click > Utilities menu which gives me the options Fix VBR MP3 header, Rebuild MP3 stream and Save as playlist.

No 'edit cuesheet' option whatsoever! What am I doing wrong?

Reply #17
You are using “Merge all tracks into one file” instead of “Generate multi-track files”.

Reply #18
You are using “Merge all tracks into one file” instead of “Generate multi-track files”.

Aha, thanks for that, I've been overlooking that option for some time. Strange it's called "files" when it generates one "file", just like the last merge option, oh well.

I now have my first single .mp3 with accompanying .cue. The .cue didn't get embedded but I'm guessing that's because I still had *.cue in the copy other files to the destination folder box. Is there any way of embedding it AND generating a separate file? This for maximum compatibility.

Reply #19
Strange it's called "files" when it generates one "file", just like the last merge option

The "Merge all Tracks..." option will always output one file, but the "Generate multi-track files" option can actually output multiple files, as determined by the chosen grouping pattern. For example, you can process many albums at once and it will create one file per album.

Reply #20
Do you know how can I make image+cue from flacs with foobar 1.3.6?

Reply #21

The answer is in this thread.

Select the FLACs in the playlist, right-click, Convert ... choose FLAC as output format, output style needs to be "Generate multi-track files". The cue sheet will be embedded in the output FLAC. If you load the output FLAC in foobar2000, it should show you the individual tracks. You can right-click on any of them and go to Utilities > Edit cuesheet in order to see what foobar2000 generated.

If you have an external .cue already, what you want is also easily and more robustly accomplished with CUETools.

I don't understand why so many people want image+cue ... why not keep the tracks separate instead of abusing cue sheets as playlists?

Reply #22

The answer is in this thread.

Select the FLACs in the playlist, right-click, Convert ... choose FLAC as output format, output style needs to be "Generate multi-track files". The cue sheet will be embedded in the output FLAC. If you load the output FLAC in foobar2000, it should show you the individual tracks. You can right-click on any of them and go to Utilities > Edit cuesheet in order to see what foobar2000 generated.

If you have an external .cue already, what you want is also easily and more robustly accomplished with CUETools.

I don't understand why so many people want image+cue ... why not keep the tracks separate instead of abusing cue sheets as playlists?

I have flacs from bandcamp, I want image to mount it, open with eac and rip with everything eac gives. This is called OCD. Plus image+cue can save me from people who add pregap to the end of prebious track instead of the neginning of next, as it should be done. Thank you for information.

Reply #23
The right-click menu shows convert that has submenu "Quick covert", "[default]" and "...",

select "...". it was in the previous reply but it's easy to miss....

Select the FLACs in the playlist, right-click, Convert ... choose FLAC as output format

Reply #24
I have flacs from bandcamp, I want image to mount it, open with eac and rip with everything eac gives.

Hmm... If all you have is the files from Bandcamp, how do you know where the pregaps are? I suppose you could make a guess based on audio levels? You still won't have the track 01's pregap info or content (assuming the files came from CD, which may not be true). The dummy .cue as generated by foobar2000 or any other app will just mark the beginning of each track as index 01. You'd have to manually edit it to get the pregap info into it. Othwerise, EAC won't be able to do anything special like an index-based or gaps-prepended rip, because there are no gaps.