Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WMPTSE (Read 310923 times) previous topic - next topic

WMPTSE

Reply #50
Sorry, but it doesn't work properly either...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=347289"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sorry, i ws in holidays, i publish the debug version as soon as i can (early in the next week probably).

Thanks,

MaB_fr

WMPTSE

Reply #51
Sorry, my PM didn't go through to you.

Thanks much for your time and effort with this plug-in. 

I like to request "composer" metadata tag support for FLAC in future.  I was able to tag FLAC files with %P "composer" additional command line using EAC external compression with flac.exe.  I can see "composer" tag metadata with other tag programs such as TGF or dbPowerAMP after tagging "composer" metadata with EAC.

However, WMP cannot recognize "composer" metadata with WMPTSE plug-in.

For users with large classical music collection, "composer" tag support is essential for sorting library.  That is main reason for me to use WMP rather than other player.

If possible, I would love to see "composer" metadata support for FLAC in WMPTSE.

Thanks again.

Chocomonsters

WMPTSE

Reply #53
Sorry, my PM didn't go through to you.

Thanks much for your time and effort with this plug-in.

I like to request "composer" metadata tag support for FLAC in future. I was able to tag FLAC files with %P "composer" additional command line using EAC external compression with flac.exe. I can see "composer" tag metadata with other tag programs such as TGF or dbPowerAMP after tagging "composer" metadata with EAC.

However, WMP cannot recognize "composer" metadata with WMPTSE plug-in.

For users with large classical music collection, "composer" tag support is essential for sorting library. That is main reason for me to use WMP rather than other player.

If possible, I would love to see "composer" metadata support for FLAC in WMPTSE.

Thanks again.

Chocomonsters

Thanks for providing support for Flac tags in WMP, very nice!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=349335"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Composer, Publisher, and Conductor tag will be included in next release...

The next debug one should be published next monday...

It will be a DEBUG release, and you shouldn't use it as long as you don't have problems and you should prefer to wait for a production release...

The production release 0.9.7 should be out as soon as the beto's bug is found & (at least) worked around...

Thanks for report.

MaB_fr

WMPTSE

Reply #54
Do you support Album Artist tagging in all the formats, when available?

WMPTSE

Reply #55
Thanks so much.  Look forward to future release.  I will retag my FLAC files with proper tags for "composer" mean times.

WMPTSE

Reply #56
Do you support Album Artist tagging in all the formats, when available?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=349494"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

As long as you refer to FLAC and Vorbis "ALBUMARTIST", or the extended tag "AlbumArtist" in APE & compatible, yes it is supported.

If you have any problem, here is the right place to report it.

Thanks

MaB_fr

WMPTSE

Reply #57
Ok,

!!!!! For beto and users with same bug !!!!

You'll find here : http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/wmptage...er.dll?download the debug 0.9.7-4 version of WMPTSE.

This version creates a verbose debug log in WMP directory (Program Files\Windows Media Player).
You have to erase the old dll. You'll find it in the directory you choose during installation of WMPTSE.

Please post here for any problem and PM me for sending the log (ONLY FOR PEOPLE with a big memory leak using my plug-in !!). The log file is named "WMPTSE.log".

Thanks

MaB_fr

WMPTSE

Reply #58
No news of beto....

Since i can not reproduce the beto's bug, i am not able to debug anything and without a log i can't theorize the behaviour.

If someone endure the same problem, PLEASE provide me with feedback...

Without such data near 19th December 2005, i'll consider beto's bug as resolved until someone report the same bug.

Then, 1.0 should be near...(i think this kind of christmas gift is cute

Thanks.

MaB_fr

WMPTSE

Reply #59
sorry mate. just saw your post now. i'll test it this evening (GMT-3) and post back the results.

WMPTSE

Reply #60
goooooood

WMPTSE

Reply #62
check your inbox. 

if you need any other info let me know.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=350499"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hum....welcome to the mystery world of debug possibilities...

The log is perfect, the plug-in does what it should...

I reencoded 800 music file i have in ogg to be able to compare with your situation, and i must say it works gently with my computer....

It uses ~8 Mo of RAM to do it, peaking the cpu to 99%. But it is efficient. And the log size is 10 Mo. Nothing to notice...

So i would need more information...

1) Can you use taskmanager before adding files in WMP, "View > Select Column" and check "Virtual Memory Size" & "Memory Usage Delta". Then write the value of the wmplayer.exe process for these and "Mem Usage" somehwere.

Then add your files, ...wait until it is finished [if you can]...., and write the new values, and post it there.

2) Could you try to add just 1 file at a time to see if it's not a problem with a tag in specific files.
Then if you found a problematic file, could you send it to me.

3) Could you try to rip some files (may be like 10 files or it might be good to test the minimum number of file who triggers the problem) with a different tool...(like the oggenc or OggDropXPd,...) and tell me if it does any difference...

4) In the end, could you rip it with your tools, but with activating just one tag every time (example : encoding it with only the Title activated, if it does not trigger the problem, then try with only the Artist...and so on).

For all the reripping (3 & 4), i think you really should determine the minimum number of file who triggers the problem...Avoiding the need to rerip ALL your collection...

I am sorry, but as i can't reproduce it myself, i am not able to debug it at home...

Debug is sometime funny, sometime not...but it is always instructive.

MaB_fr

WMPTSE

Reply #63
1) the problem is not when adding files. Adding files works ok, but if I close WMP and open it again, then when your plugin is refreshing the metadata I get a memory leak.

Before adding files
mem usage: 10792K
Mem delta: 0K
VM size: 12348K

After adding files
mem usage: 10960K
Mem delta: 36K
VM size: 23668K

After restarting WMP
mem usage: 66952K
Mem delta: 1424K
VM size: 542992K

2) it doesn't matter the number of files. The memory leak happens even if I add just one file, but only after I restart WMP. I tested with 1 file and with 600 files again and had the same problem.

3) see 2

4) I can try the tag thing you mention, but it will take some time. I plan to do some maintenance on my PC next week.

I have some custom tags on my files.... maybe this is what triggers the problem. I can send you one of the files if you are interested...

WMPTSE

Reply #64
OKKKKKKKKK....

I was searching in the wrong place...

I'll try to debug it without your file first...

MaB_fr

WMPTSE

Reply #65
Hello,

[Unable to reproduce the beto's bug (but i am always working on it), so unable to debug it]

Just released : 0.9.8

COMPOSER Tag support for APETag & FLAC Tag format (implies APE, Wavpack, MusePack, OptimFROG and so FLAC). May work for Vorbis (with caution).

Some optimizations and a new option (partly for beto to test) : AutoRefreshOnStart (in registry), "Auto-refresh on start" in property page.
It should activate/deactivate the refreshing of unread files on start of the plug-in.

[beto can you try to activate/deactivate it, launch/relaunch WMP, and watch changes in Memory the same time ?].

Always 1 bug report (the infamous beto's bug ).

If you experience any problem, just let me know.

Ah, and thanks for EqualRightsForWerewolves for testing the plug-in with WMCE2005 (it WORKS !!! ) and Brennan for the report on his Lossless Audio Blog.

MaB_fr

Vertuous actions lead to vertuous beings...

WMPTSE

Reply #66
I made a fresh install a few weeks ago and now it is working. Beats me what was the problem...  Thanks for your time.

WMPTSE

Reply #67
I made a fresh install a few weeks ago and now it is working. Beats me what was the problem...  Thanks for your time.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=354908"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Arggggggggggggggggggg....

Are you sure ?

I may close the ticket if so....

Anyway thank for the support

MaB_fr

WMPTSE

Reply #68
Back again,

I released exotic registry files for the guys who like raw Lossless data from the DVD.

It adds tagging in APE format for :
- AC3
- DTS
- LPCM

It means you can use raw .ac3, .dts, .lpcm files, add them to your library and modify the metadata associated with it (it then adds APE Format data in the end of the file, away from the sound data....no interferences).

With the right directshow codec, you get raw playing.

I so much like it, i thought i must release it !!!

You'll find it on : http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.p...ckage_id=175133

Simply double-click the registry file you downloaded (you may have to edit the third line to point to the right APETagSupport.dll [normally the directory of WMPTSE])

Restart WMP, and enjoys !

If someone want to add other exotic tagging format, just let me know (yes i KNOW it's not standard, but it REALLY is usefull)

MaB_fr

WMPTSE

Reply #69
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=354908"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Arggggggggggggggggggg....

Are you sure ?

I may close the ticket if so....

Anyway thank for the support

MaB_fr
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=354976"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Apparently yes.... I'll use it for some weeks to see if anything weird pops up, but have in mind that WMP is not my primary player so this may take a little long...

WMPTSE

Reply #70
Ok, i start the 20 day count then

MaB_fr

WMPTSE

Reply #72
hello there

i can't seem to add FLAC tag support into WMP10
the plugin installs but i can't view FLAC tags, under plugin options there is no FLAC tag support in the list and it won't let me add it

any ideas?

WMPTSE

Reply #73
hello there

i can't seem to add FLAC tag support into WMP10
the plugin installs but i can't view FLAC tags, under plugin options there is no FLAC tag support in the list and it won't let me add it

any ideas?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=357596"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hum....probably registry problem...

Did you upgrade your WMP to the last version (the first 10.0 version as no extended Media Library support, which may be your problem).

Please can you try to upgrade your WMP to 10.00.00.3802 if it's not already done.

If so, could you please post the registry entries & values in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\piPOol\WMPTSE\FLAC" and "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\MLS\Extensions"

Let's see if it's classical

I made a "check" feature for 1.0 but it's in debug stage now, so we'll try to do it by hand.

MaB_fr

WMPTSE

Reply #74
brilliant thankyou!

it just needed newest version. i guess i should have tried that already