Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Can You please comment on how new pair of headphones has affected your listening tests as your previous tests were done using Panasonic RP-HT560? Was it easier, faster or overall experience is pretty the same? Does K712 have more extended frequency range, lower distortion to your judgement etc?
The fist thing to notice is that K712 plays at noticeably smaller volume.
It covers the entire ear and more comfortable than the RP-HT560.
When it comes to discerning extended frequency range, not much different.
Solved crash when bio 1.2.X package was not present. No more changes.
## [1.2.2] - 2021-06-21
- Biography Integration: crash when trying to install mod and 1.2.X package was not present.
1. Bio gives you translated tags when using other languages, so instead of getting United Kingdom you get the translated name for the language set... and I have 0 plans to offer a table of all possible translations of every country name back to a coordinates table. If you want both, English tags and another displayed language, then... first retrieve tags in English mode, write those tags to the files and then change the language to yours. Both bio and this script offers tools to write the tags to the tracks or json. Or have 2 bio panels... one -hidden- in English for tags and another in your language for display. (or ask at the bio thread to add an option to configure separately tag language and displayed language)
Thanks regor and snotlicker!
The new version of the script looks great!
See picture MC_WorldMap1.jpg
A few points that would be great to consider for the next releases:
1. The country is marked on the map only if English is selected in the Bio. Is it possible for other languages?
2. I think the marker should be smaller. It is better if the type and color of the marker could be changed (for example, the option as in the picture map1.png)
3. Add the ability to display the name of the country (as an option in the picture).
4. Is the country marker not displayed for internet radio tracks?
Other than that, what does this message in the console mean?
World Map - Portable installation: replacing path 'wm_09.JSON filename (for tags)' with '.\profile\js_data\worldMap.json'
2. It could be somewhat configurable on next release. But have in mind the point is clickable, a point too small would not be usable at all for that purpose.
3. The country name is on the tooltip. Also the map shows multiple points at the same time if you select multiple tracks, therefore showing the country name for all tracks selected at the same time would be horrible, cluttering all the map with text. If added, it has to be limited in some way, since it only makes sense when you select one track / follow now playing.
4. The map is using your file tags or data provided by Bio script. If your radio track does not provide a local tag, nope. The script is not retrieving tags from any other thing, so any problem with tracks not showing points... it's not the script fault. Obviously I would not expect a radio track to have a locale tag at all. Even bio integration is just an "addon". I created it to display tags already saved on tracks, it's the user's work to add those tags to their tracks or use bio as a workaround.
About your last question... thats a change added some releases ago, check the change-logs. You are using a portable installation, multiple warnings are given with popups about it when installing the script. If you have absolute paths set at properties, things will break when changing drive letters. So the script warns you about it to use relative paths. Change it to the proposed value or forget about it if you don't care or are using a portable installation on a fixed drive.
So, to summarize - are there any other interesting ways to requantize 16 PCM bits to 8 PCM bits except simply discarding bits, rounding, or dithering with noise shaping?
There's so many resampling algorithms...
The site you mentioned above encodes 16 bit PCM to 8 bit DPCM, but the deltas still decode to 16 bit samples.
This is just a copy of the previous release with replaced symlinks, using duplicated files instead. Some file archivers (like 7zip) don't manage symlinks well and gave errors decompressing the zip... so this fixes it. PeaZip works fine, but since 7zip is pretty popular...
There are no other changes, so if you had no problems using the previous release, can be skipped
## [2.0.2] - 2021-06-20
- Duplicates of main buttons files are now on the root, instead of using symlinks. Some file archivers, like 7zip, did not decompress correctly the releases...
Problems with smooth output vs sample rate changes confirmed, will be fixed in beta 11 tomorrow.