Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Turntable fans - drool here... (Read 8555 times) previous topic - next topic

Turntable fans - drool here...

Reply #1
The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer.

Does it mean that HydrogenAudio is more popular than Geocities  ?

Reply #2
It's working now.  Ouch. :eek:  I wonder how hard it would be to build stuff like this if I had the proper tools.
godzilla525

Reply #3
nah, unavailable again...

Reply #4
Geocities updates their availability every hour. It worked just now.

Reply #6
Originally posted by Pri3st
Maybe you have to check this:) 

http://www.vestax.com/products/vrx2000.htm

OMG that is so strange... the idea of transferring an MP3 to vinyl... I'm seeing strange purple mushrooms and orange moths flying around the room...

Reply #8
Can anyone find a price for it?

Reply #10
Now that is awesome. :eek: The $200 cutting stylus is only good for 20 passes? Ouch. That's $20 for two sides + $17.50 for the blank = $37.50 to make a record, not to mention the painful initial investment.

Pity that there's no option to just rent one.

Maybe you could use it to make backup copies of your vinyl collection?

...Wait, it's only good to 12.5kHz.
godzilla525

Reply #11
Drool some more over the Rockport Sirius III... you could get an upper class car for that amount of money.
There is also a pretty neat device for DJs, called Final Scratch by Stanton, that lets you play your mp3s from a laptop, which is connected to your regular turntables playing LPs that do not contain music but a timecode (sounds like noise). They even developed their own OS because of latency and stability issues. You can do all the tricks like scratching etc. See this link.

Reply #12
Fellow vinylites, before you get too excited about the prospect of cutting your own discs, did you happen to notice the recording time? "14 minutes per side". Ouch 
This means that Pink Floyd's The Wall would take up almost 6 sides (82"). I'll let the DJ's mess with that.

Reply #14
Originally posted by papadoc
The Laser Turntable

I wonder if that sounds as good (or maybe better) than a "regular" player.  Though for the price, it better.

Reply #15
I don't know about sound, but like you say...for that price.
I notice they dropped the prices since the first time I found that site.
Probably aren't selling to many...

This thread really proves how far things have come.
Great reading you guys!!
My first turntable was in one unit along with an 8-track tape player,
and a really bad am/fm tuner, and two little speaker cabinets,
called Realistic, made by Radio Shack, around 1965 or so.
The turntable had this tall spindle, that you could put a bunch of albums on.
And a spindle adapter for 45rpm single record's.

My first real turntable came in 1981...a Technics SL-B250U.
Still using it today.

Reply #16
I don't know about sound, but like you say...for that price.
I notice they dropped the prices since the first time I found that site.
Probably aren't selling to many...

If you know anything about the market... price drops usually indicate selling *more* and not less.  In fact, this is what they claim too, they've made back enough spent on R&D to justify the lower price.

Reply #17
Right you are, fewtch.
My mistake.

Reply #20
Mmmmmm....

Just something about turntables makes a DJ happy in that weird sort of way

Maybe it's just the way that you're basically feeling and shaping the music while it is playing it.. Dunno..

Drool..
Times like this I wish I were rich.

Reply #21
Originally posted by meff

Drool..
Times like this I wish I were rich.

Me too.  I wish I were born rich instead of good-looking
What if the Hokey Pokey....is What it's all about?

Reply #22
The Laser Turntable

I've been tempted awhile to order a demo CD, but I don't want Japanese telemarketers nagging me over the phone about buying a laser turntable...

Reply #24
Originally posted by fewtch

I've been tempted awhile to order a demo CD, but I don't want Japanese telemarketers nagging me over the phone about buying a laser turntable...

Q: How do scratches on the records affect the sound produced by the Laser Turntable?
A: Light scratches have little impact on the sound compared with records played with a needle. The noise from deep scratches is markedly reduced from that of a conventional turntable.

Q: Is it important to clean the records?
A: Yes, it is very important since the Laser Turntable reads everything it sees. We recommend the vacuum cleaner made in the US that we include with each turntable

These were from the faq part of that site.  I'm just wondering how they sound on your typical 60's 70's Lps not badly dammaged just played alot.  I have never heard what a laser turntable sounds like has anyone have an insite to one of these.
What if the Hokey Pokey....is What it's all about?