Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WavPack - ideas for new logo/website (Read 33468 times) previous topic - next topic

WavPack - ideas for new logo/website

Somebody with html skills please make a decent page for WavPack!
WavPack is great but that page is VQF worth.

Reply #1
WavPack is great but that page is VQF worth.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=232007"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I've been trying to come up with something loosely based on rjamorim.com's home page.

Reply #2
I've been trying to come up with something loosely based on rjamorim.com's home page.

Ah, there is a God after all...

I nearly barfed when I first saw the latest Wavpack page, but didn't have the heart to say anything. (Sorry David...) I considered having a crack at it myself, but I just don't have the free time to give Wavpack 4.0 the attention it deserves at the moment, either in a listening test sense or other forms of assistance.

I'd rather David focus on the important stuff anyway. 

Den.

Reply #3
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well, how complicated do you want?  If you just get rid of the Paint graphics (no offense) and slap a menu on it, [a href="http://ariakis.cjb.net/wavpack]it looks a lot better[/url].

Reply #4
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well, how complicated do you want?  If you just get rid of the Paint graphics (no offense) and slap a menu on it, [a href="http://ariakis.cjb.net/wavpack]it looks a lot better[/url].
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=232097"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well, that's a bit too simple imo. And WavPack still needs a proper logo. The current one looks like "Made by kids on crack"TM.

No offense really, I just want the page to reflect the quality of the codec.

Reply #5
How about now?  Slightly based off of the FLAC site... It still needs a proper logo, agreed, and I'm sure anyone has better taste in colors than me... So definitely let me know what can be done to improve it.

Reply #6
Here's a logo-example I made - it's still a quick thought

Reply #8
Wow! I really appreciate your unblinking honesty, guys.... 

I am going to be busy until next week with an 80th birthday party we're throwing for my mom, but I have no objection to an updated web page. Ariakis, I really like your page design (although I guess a design compliment coming from me doesn't say much)!

sPeziFisH, I really like your logo also, but I much prefer something close to what I originally did (even if the colors need to go). The idea is that it has to be something that looks okay very small and monochrome on the side of a DVD player box or the front panel of a car stereo. 

My idea was to have the letters packed into the logo, get it? Here are some logos that I consider effective:

Reply #9
Here is my proposal for a monochrome logo.

Reply #10
As I don't have the time ATM, here are just some further quick layouts I did.
I like the font 'Airbus special' a lot (though there are a lot of nice fonts).
I don't like the layouts that much, but maybe someone is inspired by this quick & dirty designs - the wave is a bit to complicated and maybe it would look better if the wave would not be part of the text (but inside the box). Or to use a open box a wave comes in (e.g. outlined).
See you

Reply #12
Here is my proposal for a monochrome logo.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=232368"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Nice logo!!

A couple of suggestions.

Current layout: can you make W and P bigger, or more emphasized?

Slight variation: same layout, but with W and V emphasized (WaVpack): WV would recall the file format extension.
Vital papers will demonstrate their vitality by spontaneously moving from where you left them to where you can't find them.

Reply #13
Here is the second version, with a W and P a little more emphasized:

IMO, it didn't look good with W and P bigger, so I used more bold.

Reply #14
Nice logo, I'd like to see that one on my DVD-Player

Reply #15
You could also make a version without the "av" and "ack" and make it square. That would really be a nice icon  Both versions could be official.

Reply #16
I like the first one of Roberto, it's simple but really nice. The C-wave is also a good idea , emphasing both the audio and dynamism of real waves, I can almost hear the sea when I lookat this logo.
But putting them together into one logo may be tricky. So Roberto's one could be the way to go.
Stupidity is root of all evil.

Reply #17
How about now?  Slightly based off of the FLAC site... It still needs a proper logo, agreed, and I'm sure anyone has better taste in colors than me... So definitely let me know what can be done to improve it.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=232117"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Some minor thoughts:

I think the text in "files" shouldn't be centered as there is no fixpoint when browsing the files.

The colours are not too good to read. e.g. I can not differ bold from standard text easily. could be "less dark" overall

More contrast would be helpful. don't  use as much "gray on black" (bad, old tft-monitor is a drawback here).

Leave a bit more space between the header and the about box.

Thanks for your efforts so far

Regards; ilikedirt

Reply #18
You could also make a version without the "av" and "ack" and make it square. That would really be a nice icon  Both versions could be official.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=232516"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Good idea!

I had to put the P higher up the W to make the box more squarish.

Reply #19
I like this last one

Reply #20
I like this last one
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=232528"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks

Reply #21
Good idea!

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=232526"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Great design, but it needs a splash of color.  The all-black looks kind of dark and dull.  It needs some contrast.

Reply #22
Great design, but it needs a splash of color.  The all-black looks kind of dark and dull.  It needs some contrast.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=232533"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks.

Well, this was my design for a monochrome logo that can be engraved or silk-screened in the front of a DVD player.

Feel free to take the PNGs and adapt them to your idea

In case someone is wondering, I used the font "Trebuchet MS" at 150 points. The box outside is just a square with the stroke effect set to 13 points.

Reply #23
(img)

Good idea!

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=232526"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It reminds me of some other logo... Which had the W (or was it V...?)  and P merged (last bar of W = first bar of P)... I can't recall where from though...

Reply #24
Monochrome logos are best because you can make all kinds of stuff with them. Put them on white in black, or on black in white or use colour instead of the black and put a colour inside, etc...

Roberto, could you mail me the font you used ? I'd like to make a Flash version, to scale it nicely. (that's what I did with the Matroska logo)