Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Transferring Flac Collection over 802.11G (Read 9595 times) previous topic - next topic

Transferring Flac Collection over 802.11G

Reply #25
I just wanted to say that Beyond Compare is a great program! I have writing scripts and adding filters today and ran my first few tests. There are alot of sitautions where this app be a good solution.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes it is indeed.  I got confused, why do you need scripts and filters for?  Let me know your experiences and how you solved the backup problem. Also by default Beyond Compare do not compare CRCs of the files, I'd suggest turning it on for higher confidence (if copy failed or not).

I know of [a href="http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=31590]this thread[/url] which you might also find interesting.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=305885"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You can write a script and then run a scheduled task on the script to automate a syncronization. This is one of the scripts I am going to use to solve the backup issue. So that every Monday the flac files on my HTPC are then syncronzied with my server. I am writing a similar script for all the My Document folders on my network. I entered filters to filter out syncronizing certain info that I dont care about in my backups. Once I set it up next weekend I'll post some of the scripts.