Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Volume control doesn't work / italic and bold in CUI item details (Read 2346 times) previous topic - next topic

Volume control doesn't work / italic and bold in CUI item details

I have a couple of issues that may or may not be ColumnsUI related/

I've made an .fcl backup and moved it to a new system, making sure any necessary components were included (it uses Shpeck). It's all fine, except that the volume control doesn't work. I noticed it on UPnP on my tablet, then tried the volume slider on  fb2k itself, it does nothing. It is still the stock control in the top bar. I also tried adding a new volume control, which didn't work either.

Have I copied everything that's necessary? fb2k was already installed on the new machine, i just copied the layout, I thought. The control works fine on the machine I copied from. It'd be easy enough to just reinstall everything I guess, a bit drastic though.

Another irritating thing has surfaced, too, the font in the Item Detail can't be made italic or bold, it seems. It changes colour, and font family, and point size, but won't present italic versions.

Sorry about two topics in a thread, but they both seem minor, and likely being the sort of thing people would already have seen.

Reply #1
the volume control doesn't work

check the setting at : Preferences >> Playback >> Output >> Device

If the device selection is not the problem , what soundcard and OS do you have?
(searching this forum with your soundcard name may provide clues)

the Item Detail can't be made italic or bold

And how exactly are you changing the font? In preferences, or within the Item Details options dialog?
example : $set_font(Verdana,8,bold;italic;)

Reply #2
the volume control doesn't work

check the setting at : Preferences >> Playback >> Output >> Device

That fixed it, there was no device selected. I should have picked that up, the audio devices are different, a Xonar in one machine and the ALC892 chip on the other. Thanks.

Funny thing was, it did actually play, just no volume control.

the Item Detail can't be made italic or bold

And how exactly are you changing the font? In preferences, or within the Item Details options dialog?

I was changing it within the preferences dialogue, I didn't know the options dialog existed, till you mentioned it.

It has a title Format Box with value $set_font(%default_font_face%,$add(%default_font_size%,4),)[%artist%]$crlf()[%title%]$crlf()[%album%][$crlf()$crlf()%lyrics%]

a button labelled Generate Colour Code with value  $rgb(0,0,0)

and a button labelled Generate Font Code with value $set_font(Constantia,18,bold;italic;)

Both button edit boxes appear to be read only

The italic Constantia is what I've set the preferences dialogue to.

Reply #3
I think if you just remove the $set_font() code from the Title format box, then your font setting in 'Preferences' should work.

Code: [Select]
[%artist%]$crlf()[%title%]$crlf()[%album%][$crlf()$crlf()%lyrics%]

Or you can specify your font style in the format box manually.
Click the button to generate the font code you want, then paste that code into the script.

$set_font(Constantia,18,italic;)
[%artist%]$crlf()[%title%]$crlf()[%album%][$crlf()$crlf()%lyrics%]

You can also change the font style and color within the script as much as you want.

$set_font(Constantia,12,bold;)$rgb(255,0,0)[%artist%]$crlf()
$set_font(Constantia,14,bold;italic;)$rgb(255,255,255)[%title%]$crlf()
$set_font(Constantia,12,italic;)$rgb(0,0,255)[%album%][   '('%date%')']
$set_font(Constantia,10,)$rgb(0,255,0)[$crlf()$crlf()%lyrics%]

Reply #4
You can also change the font style and color within the script as much as you want.

$set_font(Constantia,12,bold;)$rgb(255,0,0)[%artist%]$crlf()
$set_font(Constantia,14,bold;italic;)$rgb(255,255,255)[%title%]$crlf()
$set_font(Constantia,12,italic;)$rgb(0,0,255)[%album%][   '('%date%')']
$set_font(Constantia,10,)$rgb(0,255,0)[$crlf()$crlf()%lyrics%]

That's perfect! Getting different styles for the title/artist etc is a big added bonus

I put all the formatting code in the Title Format box, as above. The  "Generate..." buttons do generate code, but it's partially ignored it seems. Odd, bit of a bug I think.

Anyway I'm happy, thanks again!

Reply #5

Amazing what knowledge and a little time can do, this's exactly what I wanted http://www.flickr.com/photos/emueyes/7459118018/

Next, of course, I'll be wanting to use a textured background... perhaps a new thread for that, I've already used two topics in this one