Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_cwb_hooks (Read 298004 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_cwb_hooks

Reply #375
Works fine for me in foobar 0.9.5 beta 2 with DUI.

foo_cwb_hooks

Reply #376
Actually, cwbowron is still considering putting hotness into one of his components, something like $tdj_hotness()

I was just wondering if this was still under consideration.  It would be mighty fine to have.

Thanks cwbowron

foo_cwb_hooks

Reply #377
why %cwb_next_title% does not work correctly in foo_osd. when  song starting play, show the same song that is playing now. Correctly beginning to show after some time.
script
$rgb(0,255,0,0,0,0)Now: [%artist% - ]$if(%title%,['['%album%[ #[%disc%/]$num(%tracknumber%,2)]'] ']%title%,%_filename%)[ '['%_length%']']$if(%_ispaused%,' [paused]')
[$char(10)$rgb(35,169,207,16,43,75)Next: %cwb_next_title%]

Same result if i uncheck playback follow cursor and cursor follow playback

foo_cwb_hooks

Reply #378
Is it possible add a timestamp to a new file only when there is no tag entry? That could be useful to prevent overwriting when the database is lost or, like in my case, when several computers shares the same library.

yes, its possibly. i've found it somewhre in this forum, i think.

manage your script as fellowing:
1. Time Stamp: Added_temp
2. Format: "Added" using "$if(%Added%,%Added%,%Added_temp%)"
3 Remove: Added_temp

works well for me!
bye

This does work very well but with foobar 9.5 they are steering away from the masstager component so we should come up with another solution  otherwise we are using an obsolete component

foo_cwb_hooks

Reply #379
there is a way to show the albums duration?

foo_cwb_hooks

Reply #380
there is a way to show the albums duration?

Currently no, I don't think so. I have a way to find it out and display it in SCPL, but thats it. No where else unfortunatly. If you want to display it in SCPL, use this:

Code: [Select]
$puts(length.seconds,$mod($meta_sum(length),60))
$puts(length.minutes,$eval({$meta_sum(length) - $get(length.seconds)}/60))
$puts(length.string,$get(length.minutes):$num($get(length.seconds),2))

$get(length.string)

Of course, you will need to tag your files with the correct time in seconds to have it displayed. For that, you can masstag your collection with the following script:

Format Value
Field Name: LENGTH
Pattern: %length_seconds%

That should do it for you. Its not 100% accurate (sometimes off by a few seconds) but it works pretty good for me.
Song List: keikoniumboards.ke.funpic.org/files/songlist.html

foo_cwb_hooks

Reply #381
Feature request:

Could you please consider adding mute status (i.e. whether or not the volume has been muted) and the  unmuted volume level as variables to a future version of cwb_hooks?

Foobar shows a -100 volume level when muted but it definitely stores what the volume was because it restores it to that level when it is un-muted.

foo_cwb_hooks

Reply #382
Tagger panel is really a neat idea!

I have some feature suggestions, some of which were mentioned earlier. All of theme are aimed at reducing amount of clicks/actions while tagging.
  • Autosaving. I don't think anyone uses the Revert option anyway, and saving this one click while tagging a whole library is really a lot.
    Could be done either in the moment of clicking the checkbox or to save on file operations  - every time file selections changes.
  • Tag list management. An option to allow management without opening the options windows.
    • New tags picked up from files should be explicitly added to the list. They can displayed in the tagging panel in italics and adding them permanently implemented in context menu.
    • Possibly option to disable tag input text box ( ok, this one is just for the looks ;])
Once again, great idea and time saver!

foo_cwb_hooks

Reply #383
Hi cwbowron, thanks for this great component.

I have a request regarding the $cwb_ltrim function. Could you create a $cwb_ltrim_2 function (EDIT - or simply modify the $cwb_ltrim function  ) in order to optionally add the trimmed part of the string (minus the space if it exists) at the end ?

Example :
$cwb_ltrim(%album artist%,The ,Le ,Les ,L'',La ,Las ,Los )
If I apply this to "The Alan Parsons Project" I get "Alan Parsons Project".
If I apply this to "Los Lobos", I get "Lobos"
If I apply this to "L'Affaire Louis Trio", I get "Affaire Louis Trio"

BUT what if I want to display "Alan Parsons Project (The)", "Lobos (Los)" and "Affaire Louis Trio (L')" ?
In the first case, the trimmed part is "The " (space to remove), in the second it's "Los " (here also space to remove) and in the third it's "L'" (here there's NO space to remove)

With my proposed function, I would only need to type this :
$cwb_ltrim_2(%album artist%,The ,Le ,Les ,L'',La ,Las ,Los , (,))

Notice that the last two arguments are the characters around the trimmed part. For instance if I wanted to display "Alan Parsons Project [The], I would only need to type this :
$cwb_ltrim_2(%album artist%,The ,Le ,Les ,L'',La ,Las ,Los , [,])

And if I wanted to display "Alan Parsons Project, The", I would only need to type this :
$cwb_ltrim_2(%album artist%,The ,Le ,Les ,L'',La ,Las ,Los ,', ',)

What do you think ?  Thanks in advance !

Jose

EDIT - I have just realized that you could simply modify the existing $cwb_trim function : if none of the two last arguments are present, then it doesn't add the trimmed part of the string at the end. Otherwise it does add it of course.

PS : another question, I don't know if this is already present in foobar's standard titleformatting or not. How can I get the number of bits per sample ? (16 bits, 24 bits, etc.). Thanks again.

foo_cwb_hooks

Reply #384
New Version:

Release 1.2.6 / 1.0.6 (Tagger)

* new function: $cwb_rand()
    * tagger window: if you select tag in tagger window with no open panels, tag in a pop up dialog.
There used to be a link to my website here.

foo_cwb_hooks

Reply #385
Could you please tell me what you think of my above post ? Thank you.

foo_cwb_hooks

Reply #388
Hi cwbowron, thanks for this great component.

I have a request regarding the $cwb_ltrim function. Could you create a $cwb_ltrim_2 function (EDIT - or simply modify the $cwb_ltrim function  ) in order to optionally add the trimmed part of the string (minus the space if it exists) at the end ?

Example :
$cwb_ltrim(%album artist%,The ,Le ,Les ,L'',La ,Las ,Los )
If I apply this to "The Alan Parsons Project" I get "Alan Parsons Project".
If I apply this to "Los Lobos", I get "Lobos"
If I apply this to "L'Affaire Louis Trio", I get "Affaire Louis Trio"

BUT what if I want to display "Alan Parsons Project (The)", "Lobos (Los)" and "Affaire Louis Trio (L')" ?
In the first case, the trimmed part is "The " (space to remove), in the second it's "Los " (here also space to remove) and in the third it's "L'" (here there's NO space to remove)

I just signed up on here to ask this very same question.

When I remove a "The" from an artist, I would like it to appear on the end, after a comma. Same for "A".

Example:

$cwb_ltrim2(%artist%,The ,Le ,Les ,L )

"The Alan Parsons Project" ---->  "Alan Parsons Project, The"
"The Beatles"          -------------->"Beatles, The"
"A Jealousy Issue"          -------->"Jealousy Issue, A"

Unless there is some trick to do this currently that I am unaware of?  Some usage of the $if statement perhaps?

foo_cwb_hooks

Reply #389
Yes, I too would appreciate if cwboron could log in and answer our request... It's been nearly a month and we still have no answer at all.  cwboron, thanks in advance for taking this into consideration. Should be quite easy to implement, and a great addition to your component.

foo_cwb_hooks

Reply #390
$cwb_ltrim(%artist%,The ,A ,La )$if($longer($replace(%artist%,$cwb_ltrim(%artist%,The ,A ,La ),),0),', '$replace(%artist%,$cwb_ltrim(%artist%,The ,A ,La ),))
Music is my first love.

foo_cwb_hooks

Reply #391
Thanks for your help Melomane.  That surely works.

However, it would be even better if cwboron could implement this directly in his function. Example :

INPUT : $cwb_ltrim(%album artist%,The ,Le ,Les ,L'',La ,Las ,Los , [,])
OUTPUT : %album artist%(without the trimmed part) [trimmed part](without the space when there is one)

("[" and "]" being replaced by the separators of your choice like I explained in my initial post about this matter)

foo_cwb_hooks

Reply #392
Hello thanks for a great plugin, but I'm having a really weird problem I just can't understand.
Why doesn't this work: $if($cwb_fileexists(F:\Övrigt\Lyrics\%artist% - %title%.lrc),Lyrics,No Lyrics)
When this work: $if($cwb_fileexists(F:\Övrigt\Lyrics\%title%.lrc),Lyrics,No Lyrics)
Doesn't work when I wrap the filename in a quote either
I just like listening to music

foo_cwb_hooks

Reply #393
$cwb_rand() can't limit it range of number. I remembered that the old $rand() can do something like $rand(10) to limit it only 0-10

Is this intended behavior?

foo_cwb_hooks

Reply #394
I use modulo to avoid the problem:

$mod($cwb_rand(),10)

Bye

foo_cwb_hooks

Reply #395
Does cwboron even read this thread ?  I'm surprised that he hasn't answered anybody (including myself) since Jan 2...

foo_cwb_hooks

Reply #396
Possible addition maybe? cwb_activelist_codec to show this... MP3 (83.7%); FLAC (16.3%) , Thanks in advance cwbowron if added 

foo_cwb_hooks

Reply #397
This topic is dead, and it will remain so until cwbowron decides to post again and answer our questions, which he hasn't done since Jan. 2.

foo_cwb_hooks

Reply #398
This topic is dead, and it will remain so until cwbowron decides to post again and answer our questions, which he hasn't done since Jan. 2.

Just because I don't respond to every single feature request (even by people who bump them 10,000 times) doesn't mean I don't read it. 

And even if I wasn't actively reading it doesn't mean the topic is dead.  Other people read the thread too and some even respond and give help, such as the help you were given by Melomane.

So to review:

1 - don't bump your requests - it only irritates me.
2 - this thread is not dead.
There used to be a link to my website here.

foo_cwb_hooks

Reply #399
Saying 'no' to a request (even a good one) is OK with me, simply because a dev has complete control over his piece of software. That's clear.

However, not caring to give a simple answer to a request ("yes", "no", "Thanks, I'll think about it"), especially when the request has been asked several times (with a 'bumping time' of several weeks though), is different, and for me it looks quite despising. Maybe it was not your intention, but that's how it looks IMHO.

If you have accepted to have a 16-page thread opened on your great component, then I guess you have to accept to keep giving answers (may them be positive or negative, that's not the point here) within reasonable delays.

Now what's a "reasonable" delay ? Big question. I don't know ! But I *honestly think* that two months is not reasonable at all. Besides, I'm sad to see that you obviously have the time to write a 6-line answer to say how irritated you are... but not to answer some simple questions asked by several people.

When other devs have better things to do than keeping a topic alive, they simply tell people about it ("I'm busy at the moment, back in 2-3 months, etc."). Since you haven't said anything about your schedule, it's normal that people keep assuming that you're available to take on new requests and suggestions. And it's normal that you answer them.

I have nothing against you cwbowron, and I don't want this to become some useless fight, but if requests really do irritate you, then know that reading posts like your last one irritates me too. I respect devs and I respect you, but please show a little more respect for people that use your software. Is it too much to ask ?