Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Pleasurize Music Foundation (Read 60667 times) previous topic - next topic

Pleasurize Music Foundation

Reply #50
TT-DR-Install.zip, mirrored on Dropbox in case the original link stops working.
Edit: and here's the manual (mirrored on Dropbox).

Code: [Select]
113ce5e87ad382672b56914388db2620  TT-DR-Install.zip
3d6b88ed053043f8604de301da4e758f  DR-Manual-V1_1-English.pdf

Reply #52
How do you add the realtime meter to foobar?

Reply #53
Just as with any other plugin for foobar2000 provided as a DLL (i.e. not as an fb2k-component):
  • open the Preferences, go to Components, and drag the desired DLL from Windows Explorer into the list in foobar2000;
  • or click Install, navigate to the relevant directory, enter the filename as *.dll, and select the desired plugin.

Edit: Sorry, I had not realised it was a VST.

Reply #54
I'm having a time of that too.. Only way I could get that to work was by installing a foobar VST plugin, dropping the "...Algorithmix\TT-Dynamic-Range 1.1\DR-Meter" folder into it, then finding it and applying it through the DSP chain. And then I only could see it if I opened up the DSP chain and hit "Configure Selected". I have to be doing it wrong.

Reply #55
I'm having a time of that too.. Only way I could get that to work was by installing a foobar VST plugin, dropping the "...Algorithmix\TT-Dynamic-Range 1.1\DR-Meter" folder into it, then finding it and applying it through the DSP chain. And then I only could see it if I opened up the DSP chain and hit "Configure Selected". I have to be doing it wrong.

No, you're right...
it's a VST plugin so it needs to be installed like all the other VST, and marked ad "available dsp" in the dsp chain.
One time you've setted it like this you can also reach it within the foobar menù -> View ->DSP -> TT-DR-Meter.

Reply #56
it's a VST plugin so it needs to be installed like all the other VST, and marked ad "available dsp" in the dsp chain.
One time you've setted it like this you can also reach it within the foobar menù -> View ->DSP -> TT-DR-Meter.
OK, I had zero experience with VST's in foobar, so I felt like I was fumbling it up. Nice to know I can bring it up through the view menu too, thank you!

Reply #57
OK, I had zero experience with VST's in foobar, so I felt like I was fumbling it up. Nice to know I can bring it up through the view menu too, thank you!

You're welcome!

One thing i don't understand about this plugin is the behaviour of the peak meter...
I mean...does when i get a "OVER" value in the peak meter means that i'm experience some clipping??
I get "over" also in quite good registration sometimes... 

Reply #58
Well, for me the DSP shows peaks one second in advance, for some reason - I guess id gets the data before it's sent to decoder...
Error 404; signature server not available.

Reply #59
for me the DSP shows peaks one second in advance,

It's probably a latency issue.

Adjusting foobar2000's buffer length (Preferences > Playback > Output) may help.
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

Reply #60
for me the DSP shows peaks one second in advance,

It's probably a latency issue.

Adjusting foobar2000's buffer length (Preferences > Playback > Output) may help.

Yes, i can confirm that the problem is related to buffer lenght setting.
I'd like to set it to 0 to have a better dymanic range representation with the plugin, but...are there any problem in setting it to 0 or a very low value near 0?

Reply #61
are there any problem in setting it to 0 or a very low value near 0?

When you move foobar2000's buffer length slider to a position that represents a value < 1000 ms you get already a hint to a possible drawback:

Warning: setting too low buffer length may cause some visualization effects to stop working.

Besides the possible loss of synchronous playback/visualisation, you may also run into audible dropouts, depending on your system and its workload.

You may want to read this post and the following one on how you can benefit by an increased buffer length, and you can derive from it possible disadvantages if using too low values.

Reply #62
are there any problem in setting it to 0 or a very low value near 0?

When you move foobar2000's buffer length slider to a position that represents a value < 1000 ms you get already a hint to a possible drawback:

Warning: setting too low buffer length may cause some visualization effects to stop working.

Besides the possible loss of synchronous playback/visualisation, you may also run into audible dropouts, depending on your system and its workload.

You may want to read this post and the following one on how you can benefit by an increased buffer length, and you can derive from it possible disadvantages if using too low values.

Thank you for the explanation! so there's no way to have the benefits of a good amount of buffer lenght AND a syncronized real time DR meter vst...
Not a big problem though

Reply #63
so there's no way to have the benefits of a good amount of buffer lenght AND a syncronized real time DR meter vst...

Possibly you will get more satisfying results by using an ASIO driver as your output device.

And Voxengo offers Latency Delay for free, an "auxiliary AU and VST plugin which allows you to compensate latency produced by any audio plug-ins".

Due to lack of time I haven't tried it up till now though, so I don't know whether or not it is compatible with foobar2000.

Reply #64
Thanks for keeping that component alive, skamp. Could you change the archive so that the files are not in a subfolder? When installing this component using foobar2000 the component is put into an additional subfolder in user-components, and the component DLL won't load.
It's only audiophile if it's inconvenient.

Reply #65
Could you change the archive so that the files are not in a subfolder?

Done (URL is the same). Can you update my post with the new MD5 hash?

b6765c2a60a06d5c5780be6b9331c17d  foo_dynamic_range-1.1.1.zip
c18a6eea356e80a7397f8431fc123cc5  foo_dynamic_range.chm
65a5392ac0cb21a9bf820518bbead3ee  foo_dynamic_range.dll

Also, I think a couple more people should mirror the archive, just in case.

Reply #66
I mirrored it on Google Drive as well.

b6765c2a60a06d5c5780be6b9331c17d  foo_dynamic_range-1.1.1.zip
c18a6eea356e80a7397f8431fc123cc5  foo_dynamic_range.chm
65a5392ac0cb21a9bf820518bbead3ee  foo_dynamic_range.dll

Reply #67
Has anyone mentioned this site?
It has the standalone tools for Windows and Mac as weel as the foobar plugin available for download (links in the upper right corner)

XLD // ALAC // OGG VORBIS