Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Astonishing Improvement In Overall Sound Presentation  (Read 2131 times) previous topic - next topic

Astonishing Improvement In Overall Sound Presentation

I have discovered that setting the priority of foobar2000 to Realtime and the affinity to All processors using the Task Manager takes my stereo system up to a performance level I did not think was achievable (I can honestly state that I have not heard the sound of any stereo system I have auditioned in any stereo shop sound as good as what I am getting from my current system): https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1C1w4HcZuThrTxImadujOdftffK3s_2K3?usp=sharing    (◕‿◕)  ♫♪.ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı.♫♪
♫♪.ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı.♫♪
  ꂵ꒐ꏳꁝꁲꑀ꒒ ꉣꊿꌅꋖꑀꌅ

Re: Astonishing Improvement In Overall Sound Presentation

Reply #1
I've switched to Linux and I'm not sure how the Linux OS "layers in" audio-playback software like fb2k.
I have noticed a subjective improvement in audio quality over Windows.  (was running XP or Win 7; now LM xfce 19.3)
FYI:
I'm using an outboard DAC (Schiit Modi Multi) connected via USB (Linux uses "pulseaudio")
Linux runs via WINE (is this a less grungy layer than Win drivers and registry???)
I've tried to adjust priority in Linux, via TM, and it gives an error. In any case, there is no Realtime option, anyway.