Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Amiga/UADE component? (Read 3038 times) previous topic - next topic

Amiga/UADE component?

Hello,
I have some music files in exotic Amiga formats. It would be nice to have a component that can play these files in foobar2000 so that I don't have to open up a terminal or XMPlay every time I want to play these files. UADE seems like a good player that said component could be based off of: https://gitlab.com/uade-music-player/uade

Thanks in advance.

Re: Amiga/UADE component?

Reply #3
maybe this http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_input_zxtune
ZXTune does seem to support quite a few formats, however almost all that it supports is already covered by existing components such as foo_openmpt54 and foo_input_hvl.

Hi,
also try these components:
https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_input_adplug
https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_openmpt54
I've been using both components for a while now, however they're not exactly what I'm looking for.

I'm looking for a component similar to the Delix XMPlay plugin that can play many of the formats supported by Amiga players such as Delitracker/EaglePlayer, including non-conventional formats such as TFMX, SidMon, and CUST. Many of these formats are not tracker formats, so they wouldn't work with the existing components.

Reply #4
There is nothing for that. The UADE "library" is a huge pain in the ass to work with. And the last time the developer saw someone adding support for it to a closed source player, they regarded it as a GPL violation.

E: Looks like there's a Delix plugin. For XMPlay. have fun with that.

Reply #5
it's a pitty that no uade plugin exists, now hearing about the reason behind it, the situation will probably never change.

anyway, there is xmp, with support for various amiga formats. perhaps a valid future fb2k plugin candidate?

also, there exists an uade deadbeef plugin (untested): https://gitlab.com/uade-music-player/deadbeef-uade

(unfortunately) amiga mods need to be converted in first place: "You need to wrap Amiga song file into an RMC container [2] to be able to play it."

there used to be an audacious plugin in the past which is now obsolete, i guess.

xmplay (under wine) and delix is still the most comfortable way of playing back all kinds of amiga formats today.

Reply #6
If someone would make command-line decoder, it could be used with foo_input_exe. So no GPL violation this way.

Reply #7
Funny you should mention that. The UADE "API" actually involves loading a command line decoder and talking to it over pipes. Yes, this was apparently easier to the developer than attempting to make their entire code base reentrant.

Reply #8
There is nothing for that. The UADE "library" is a huge pain in the ass to work with. And the last time the developer saw someone adding support for it to a closed source player, they regarded it as a GPL violation.

E: Looks like there's a Delix plugin. For XMPlay. have fun with that.
Huh, I had no idea that the situation was that difficult. What if we just reimplemented it so that it's *somewhat* like UADE but not exactly, similar to what Delix does? We could have native players for many of the formats that have them available (e.g. TFMX, FollinPlayer II) and emulate the ones that don't using a generic 68k emulator and an implementation of EaglePlayer/DeliTracker (e.g. Hippel, SidMon 1.0, many existing replayers/deliplayers). That way many formats could be supported accurately without too many issues (hopefully).

Reply #9
Hi there,
here is the build version for Windows: uade-2.13-cygwin.zip
But I could not configure foo_input_exe to play Amiga format songs properly. A problem with the playback order of playlist items.
Can you have any suggestions?

Reply #10
Hi there,
here is the build version for Windows: uade-2.13-cygwin.zip
But I could not configure foo_input_exe to play Amiga format songs properly. A problem with the playback order of playlist items.
Can you have any suggestions?
Is uade123 in your PATH?

Reply #11
Hi there,
of course, the path for uade123.exe was specified.
Actually, now I think that using uade123.exe for Command-Line Decoder was not a good idea because it is not a decoder, but an emulator, and it will not work properly. But this was due to the hope to expand the range of playable music file formats using fb2k.
Although the available components for fb2k allow to play of course quite a lot of music formats. Nevertheless, porting for fb2k a component such as the Delix plugin for XMPlay would provide almost all the needs of fb2k users to listen to chiptunes. Let's hope that there will be developers who can create the same cool plugin for fb2k.
Next, I want to mention one component that allows you to play .fc, .fc13, .fc14 music chiptune formats (there are many nice tunes created in this format: http://xmms-fc.sourceforge.net/) - this foo_input_fc component developed by @mudlord. Unfortunately, the developer did not create a stable version. In this regard, let me ask the author to continue developing this component and, if possible, place it in the repository. I think there are many fans of chiptunes here and your component will be very useful for fb2k.
In the attachment there is a crash report that occurs when playback is switched from file №1 to file №2. Also attached these two music files causing the crash. Hope this helps you fix the issues and release a stable version.