Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: No sound whatsoever using Modi Multibit and CTH+SDAC and Foobar... (Read 1709 times) previous topic - next topic

No sound whatsoever using Modi Multibit and CTH+SDAC and Foobar...

I've already uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of times; the second time making sure I removed any and all configuration I might have had saved.  Made sure no VST plugins were installed.  Only installed just a couple of DSPs (graphic eq, etc).  But there's no output setting using my Modi Multibit or my SDAC where I get sound now.  The issue began a couple of days ago.  Windows Media Player, MPC, VLC all still work fine, and I've made sure that Foobar isn't muted in any way.  Any ideas on what to do?

Re: No sound whatsoever using Modi Multibit and CTH+SDAC and Foobar...

Reply #1
Did the issue start on its own or did you for example update foobar2000? The 1.5 beta series have done changes to DirectSound code - though I'm not sure if the changes could in any way be responsible for this.
Have you verified foobar2000 isn't muted in the Windows mixer? With Peter's output components foobar2000 should sync its volume with the mixer but I recall there has been a case where it failed.

Reply #2
Yes, I've verified that it isn't muted in any way.  The issue started on its own.  Other software seem to play my audio files just fine; I tried AIMP the other night and it played FLAC files decently.  I'd much rather have Foobar working, though!

Reply #3
Which output method(s) have you tried? Apart from the default DirectSound you can use WASAPI exclusive, WASAPI shared and there's also ASIO if supported.

Try a portable install to another location than your current foobar2000 version. If there's some mixer setting wrong in the registry running from a different path will circumvent that.