Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Automatically launch at Windows startup: "dll missing" error (Read 4250 times) previous topic - next topic

Automatically launch at Windows startup: "dll missing" error

Hi,

I just installed windows 8 on my HCPC.
Foobar works very well on this new bone.
I have a problem to "launch" foobar automatically at windows startup.
If I put a shortcut in the strat menu, it does not start.
If I put the. Exe, I receive an error message with "dll" missing.
If I go through the "planner spots", it does not start.

An idea?

Reply #1
You need to put shortcut to foobar2000 in %appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup. Or you could make a scheduled task that starts it after logon. Or you could add entry to registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run.

Autostarting to work requires that you haven't modified foobar2000 compatibility settings to run it as admin.

Reply #2
Thank' for answer,
In my post I have do as you say ... the shortcut or the scheduled task, without result.
So, I have not tried with the registry key, I'll see...it's dont work no more.

Reply #3
Hi, nobody else for help ?

Reply #4
Is the problem that you need to open Desktop before foobar2000 is started? You can circumvent that with Start Menu replacement tools, such as Stardock's Start8.

Reply #5
No, the problem is not there, I think.
I have already installed Start8 and then I have a media center (Jriver) that, he will start automatically.

Reply #6
Update today of zlib1.dll but always the same problem...

Reply #7
I can assure you that foobar2000 does not have problems starting automatically. You cannot move or copy just foobar2000.exe outside of the installation directory, all files are required in their proper locations. Only copy or move a shortcut to foobar2000 into the Startup folder. And verify that nothing is ticked in the Compatibility tab of the file properties.

Reply #8
Thank's for answer,
I tried everything and verified that there is nothing checked in of compatibility tab.
It still does not start.

Reply #9
I just made the manipulation on seven and there, no problem, foobar starts well at startup.
This seems to be a problem with Windows 8.