Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Help a newbie move from 0.8.3 -> 0.9.2 (Read 2239 times) previous topic - next topic

Help a newbie move from 0.8.3 -> 0.9.2

Hello! I've been using 0.8* for as long as I can remember. I've been hesitant about 0.9* due to lack of the "special" installer, but since columns UI has been released, I've swallowed my fear and upgraded.

Everything seems pretty keen, I've grabbed a lot of support plugins and components, but there are a few things that are majorly bugging me.

-- The properties window -- what happened to the "next" and "last" buttons? It makes manually editing tag info a serious pain in my arse- What is the recommended way to manually edit a large group of songs at once? I used to just crack open the properties window, type what I wanted, and click "next" and it would save as I go. Now I even have to select the field and manually hit edit, close, open a new window, etc.. pain.

-- The other thing is the new FreeDB plugin. It's useful, yes, but I like the old one much more. Does there exist a ported old version, or otherwise source? The new one just can't cut the rope fast enough.

-- On the mode of tag editing and sorting, is there anything in the works for a musicbrainz plugin? (seeing as freedb is apparently going south?)

Sorry for the nüb post, everyone!

Reply #1
Regarding the first question, foo_infobox is the component which had the "Next" and "Last" buttons.

Reply #2
rgr dat, thanks. I never really figured out which components were stock and which ones were added, I had just used the "special" package for as long as I can remember. There are so many plugins, I really don't have the time to sift through all of them. I hope a new special package gets made at some point down the road