Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Using multiple playlists (Read 2943 times) previous topic - next topic

Using multiple playlists

I like the ability to have multiple playlists loaded into foobar. Now I can listen to one playlist while masstagging files in another without any pain. But, when I a track ends, new track is selected from the active playlist, not from the playlist previous track was from. Is there a way for overcoming this? This would really make my life much easier.
The  greatest  programming  project of all took six days;  on the seventh  day  the  programmer  rested.  We've been trying to debug the !@#$%&* thing ever since. Moral: design before you implement.

Using multiple playlists

Reply #1
Well, the thing is that you don't have ability to "have multiple playlists loaded into foobar". All you have is tool that allows you to replace playlist contents with just one click, but for now foobar still operates on single playlist.

Using multiple playlists

Reply #2
I think he's referring to the tabbed playlist function.

And I agree, I'd like to tag files in one selected playlist, whilst another one plays.

Using multiple playlists

Reply #3
I know that. But again: tabs are not interface to multiple playlists.
There's only one playlist and tabs can only replace its contents.

Using multiple playlists

Reply #4
I know that. But again: tabs are not interface to multiple playlists.
There's only one playlist and tabs can only replace its contents.

Oh, I see. Any chance of having real multiple playlists? That would be really really great.

(Although, you don't really have to do it. You can feed different playlists to "playing" and "playlist editing" functions)
The  greatest  programming  project of all took six days;  on the seventh  day  the  programmer  rested.  We've been trying to debug the !@#$%&* thing ever since. Moral: design before you implement.

Using multiple playlists

Reply #5
Just use tag.exe for all your tagging needs, much more fun in my experience.

As for the playlists, what I would like to see would be the ability to have it switch to the next playlist once one is finished. Also to have random play on one list and standard on another, so I can do the "queuing" type affect.

Of course it's great how it is and my ideas aren't *needed*.

Using multiple playlists

Reply #6
also, i actually like the way fb2k handles this issue right now..... i like the ability, that i can tell fb2k "to continue on another playlist after the current song ends". But i wouldn't mind an option to make both sides happy.

IMHO, the most logical way in the GUI to implement such an option, would be the "follow cursor"-option. If its on, just let foobar do it the way it is now. If follow cursor is switched of, do it the way the people on this thread want it to be.

- Lyx
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

Using multiple playlists

Reply #7
IMHO, the most logical way in the GUI to implement such an option, would be the "follow cursor"-option. If its on, just let foobar do it the way it is now. If follow cursor is switched of, do it the way the people on this thread want it to be.

I agree... because I never use "follow cursor"

Using multiple playlists

Reply #8
Another related suggestion. Could foobar remember current item for each playlist, not only selected one? (I mean saving position between sessions).

Using multiple playlists

Reply #9
Hmmm... would it really be that hard to have an option to make the currently playing playlist the one that always plays? I'd also prefer to be able to browse the rest of my collection seperate from the playlist where I actually play stuff, that way I can just throw an album into my "now playing" playlist when I see it in the "everything" playlist.