Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Trying to find the correct pressings (Read 2594 times) previous topic - next topic

Trying to find the correct pressings

I am trying to locate the correct pressing but I think I am doing it incorrectly. I found the albums on MusicBrainz Metallica Kill 'Em All and also on db.cue.tools Metallica Kill 'Em All but how do you find the correct one on MusicBrainz? From a look at the spine I have (9 60766-2 | Bar Code: 0 7559-60766-2 3) and (BLCKND003-2 | Bar Code: 8 56115 00447 7). The CTDB TOCID is the same for both. I was trying to verify the correct pressing from MusicBrainz but even checking the DISC ID's tab under the album manually I still couldn't find matches but it's been ripped a few hundred times. I think I am looking it up incorrectly.

The other album is Bryan Adams - Reckless. Both of those CD's show the same information on the back and spine (CD 5013 DIDX 140 | Bar Code: 0 7502-15013-2) but the CTDB TOCID's are different when ripped (XwsHrwO.Y6f6_DVtp1EGkR6w684- and Go3aEe8a_fzY1m8BwEqOBPh.9jE-).

I was trying to use the strings next to the symbols on the left side of the db.cue.tools screen to match the correct pressing on MusicBrainz but I think I am missing a step.

Re: Trying to find the correct pressings

Reply #1
I am not sure how to edit posts, if you can, so I added here. There is a slight difference between the two Reckless CD's a Y that I didn't notice before. The Y version couldn't be verified at zero offset but fine in CUETools. Either way I can't seem to find either on MusicBrainz like the Kill 'Em All CD's.

(CD 5013 DIDX 140 | Bar Code: 0 7502-15013-2)
(CD 5013 DIDY 140 | Bar Code: 0 7502-15013-2)

Basically I was just trying to figure the correct pressing using the AR or CTBD ID against MusicBrainz so I could add a small addendum to the folder name when I have multiple CD's of the same pressing. I was hoping for some more useful than 1, 2, 3, etc. :)